Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 gsxr 600,and it's been running great ever since I bought it,untill a few nights ago when a so called friend of mine comes over to my house to hangout ,but I'm already asleep,so he decides that he would hangout in my shop awhile,which normally would have been fine with me,but this night for some reason I do not no he takes it upon him self to try nd adjust my carburetors,now keep in mind I have the keys to my bike in the house with me lol so I get up and he is gone so I say it's a nice day I think I will ride today WRONG when I fired it up it sounded so bad nd had barely any power so I call him he cuss him out real good and he said he turned the 3 screws under the carburetors which r the sync screws and he turned the one that sits on top or between 3 nd 4 I believe it's 3 nd 4 but anyway it's the only one on top nd there is 3 on the bottom.Ok I've been trying to get them back synced but I have no tester nd I'm not a mechanic can someone please tell me how many turns out from setted I need to be

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
1,621 Posts
There are 4 screws "on the bottom". One on each carb. These are the idle mixture screws. A solid starting point should be 1.5 turn out from GENTLY seated. If he turned any of the sync screws on top, there isn't any good way to "count" them to correct. You need a vacuum sync tool for these. Where are you located? MIGHT be someone near by that has this tool. Chances are slim, as there aren't too many of us that work on Carbs anymore.

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,783 Posts
You can make a tool. Need some clear hose and fittings from Lowes and a 4' piece of peg board. Fill it with trans fluid or some other semi-clear thick liquid. Made my for about $25.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts