Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for being new, but learning all I can about super sport bikes before I get A GSXR has me interested in watching the races as well. It is incredible to the average rider how fast these guys can take turns. Is there any way to watch races or rebroadcast on tv, Or do you have to subscribe to the MotoGP channel?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I'm a member at motogp.com 99.00 USD a year, live broadcasts, past seasons, inside videos etc...
YouTube also has some full races.
I don't have cable or satellite anymore, so don't know if we get MotoGp anymore, last time I checked, no one was covering it(shame)
Search "MotoGP full race" on youtube, see what comes up.
Here watch this 2017 Austin GP COTA HD

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I'm assuming it's MotoGP. To the average motorcycle enthusiasts they are super sport bike road races. Not sure if tgere are several circuits with doffered names or not.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Bein Sports has the rights to both MotoGP and World Superbike for television broadcasting. If you have the sports package on your cable service there is a good chance you have it. The coverage is Meh at best. It works out to be cheaper to buy motoGP video pass if you are really interested in watching the races, because the coverage is million times better.

In the world of motorcycle racing its like anything else, there are levels. MotoGP being the top. It is essentially the F1 of bikes (but less sucky). They hold pretty much 0 similarities to the street bikes. World superbike and MotoAmerica have classes that range from 100% upgraded version of the street bikes (frame is about only thing close to factory), to strict control that requires the bike to remain "stock" with exception to very specific regulations.

All are fun to watch for their own reasons. The RC cup in motoAmerica is alot of fun to watch because all the bikes are identical, being controlled by race direction. Teams (mostly young riders) can only do things to suit their riding style, like suspension adjustments. It becomes a battle of skill.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ipiazza. It would be cool to find the level closest to street bikes to see what's possible from the better riders. I'll check my cable subscription.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Wow, Thanks for those links!

They get SSOOooo low in the cormers.
Dragging a knee? Hell, they were dragging Elbows!

Amazing how they get so low.

Also cool was when they go into a tighter left hand turn they stick their left foot out- while using some rear brake and sliding some into the corner- which I have seen before.
I didn't notice them ;putting the right foot out on tight right hand turns though.

I think they are obviously using the Rear brake also. I know I do.
I remember reading somewhere once a poster stated racers DON'T use the rear brake, and neither did he on the street.
While it potentially does less than the front- it helps reduce front end dive, while still adding some stopping/braking ability too. My 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
"Isle of man" YouTube it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts