Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, im after some help with my 2001 GSXR1000. My temp gauge starts flashing FI once the bike has got up to temp. I have checked the codes and it comes up with C00. The bike runs fine with no issues. The only problem is when I start it from cold it can be a bit difficult to start. I do have a slip on and im running a servo eliminator for this. any help would be good.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Welcome.

If "FI" is flashing in the temp window, you have a code. You are just not using the right method to see it. If you turn off the bike, the cluster will lose the code so you need to put the bike in dealer mode while it is running and showing "FI".

If the problem is consistent, just put it in dealer mode and ride the bike till the code pops up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome.

If "FI" is flashing in the temp window, you have a code. You are just not using the right method to see it. If you turn off the bike, the cluster will lose the code so you need to put the bike in dealer mode while it is running and showing "FI".

If the problem is consistent, just put it in dealer mode and ride the bike till the code pops up.
+1

·
Registered
292 Posts
What temperature is displayed? As best I can tell, flashing means that it's too hot, but not so much as to trigger a C15 error. On my K6, and probably yours, this is 248°F to 283°F. Your sensor could be failing. You want to be sure about this as you're not supposed to be operating in that range. A side effect, I think, is that the amount of extra fuel added when starting is affected by engine temperature. If the engine is cold but the sensor signals that it's hot, less fuel will be added and it won't start nearly as easily. See this for more info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts