Okay so I've got a 2005 gsxr 600 and basically the bike keeps shutting down while I'm riding. I guess it kinda just dies. My rpms drop and the temp gauge reads chec. It doesn't read hot but the temp went from about 207 to 188 in a matter of seconds. I took it to a buddy of mine and he's worked on bikes/cars his whole life. He said it has to be the water temp sensor. He may be right because I don't know to much about bikes. It can't be overheating because the bike doesn't even get hot enough for the fan switch to turn the fan on. Here's my buddys conclusion--the bike thinks its running hotter than it actually is, its a race bike and shouldn't overheat no matter how much you get on her. The fan doesn't come on because the bike isn't actually getting that hot, the sensor is just reading hot therefore the bike shuts down. Opinions?