Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Texas motor speedway is having a big micro Sprint race hosted by Christopher Bell - Micro sprint cars are powered by 600 cc motorcycle engines - gsxr 600 being my personal favorite.....
If your in the area go check it out - Thursday until Saturday - Saturday the 24th 2022 will be the last night of racing for this event!

Mod of the North
Very cool! If you have links to the races please post them.

Registered
A question I had regarding the microsprint engine oil cooling...

What are those stock oil cooler bypass plates made from (how heavy are they) and how much more effective is using an air radiator over the water radiator.

I've wondered if it would be worth attaching a small oil cooler to replace the water cooled unit on a trackbike.

Mod of the North
A question I had regarding the microsprint engine oil cooling...

What are those stock oil cooler bypass plates made from (how heavy are they) and how much more effective is using an air radiator over the water radiator.

I've wondered if it would be worth attaching a small oil cooler to replace the water cooled unit on a trackbike.
I don鈥檛 have actual knowledge of this but I am inclined to think the water cooled engine blocks have water galleries placed close to the cylinders and few oil galleries except to move the oil through the engine. Using an oil cooler and no water would not remove heat from the hot spots.

The oil cooled blocks would have larger galleries and some air cooling.

If anything an old air cooled engine would benefit from a larger oil cooler. That or just get an old oil boiler! Now you鈥檙e talkin.

Registered
I am referring to the water cooled gsxr600/750 engines.
They use an oil cooler that uses coolant to cool the oil.

Product Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

on these sprint engines, they sell adapter plates that allows you to fit an external air radiator to cool the oil

I ask because race kits fit this same type of radiator to their race bikes

Audio equipment Font Microphone Screenshot Brand

It's just curiosity... I've got bigger problems to deal with lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts