Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
met some guy 2day close to where i live and we decided to go do some riding, long story short we decided 2 line them up. He was on an 03' Honda 954 and i'm thinking this dudes gonna rip me to shreds, and so it began. a total of 6 dead stop drags and he only got me one time b/c i missed 2nd, the other five times i was puttin about 4 bikes on him and the distance was just shy of a 1/4 mile, but i felt like the man today..my 03' alstare 600 tearin up that 954....felt good it's been a while since i had some good street runs. i'm still smilin over the whole thing, i'm sure all my mods helped me out too especially my gearing changes, or maybe i was just the better rider 2day. just thought i'd share my story...later bro's, KRUM :D

IT WAS A SUZUKI DAY DOWN HEAR :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
That just proves my point. Hondas are GHABBAGE!!!!!!!!!!! 954's really arent that fast. Everybody thinks they are but they arent. Great job though, showin up a liter class bike on a 'lil gixxer. :laughingr :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
954 are fast and you would be surpise on with a decent rider they can be (had one 929) Way to go RKRUMMEL make him goto the drawing board re-evaluate him self :arsenal

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks fellas...i'm gonna see if he wants to ride sunday and if he wants to go at it again...either way it was fun ass hell.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rev411 said:
tell him that's why superman wears an S on his chest :thumbup:
i think i will bust that on him if i sweep him again. :rofl:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm going to meet up w/ him in a few minutes for some twisty action, then maybe some more racing. K....i would put about a half a bike on him in the first 30 feet and after that the gap would always open so i'd say i was ahead of him at just about all times. the only 2 times that i wasn't was the time i missed 2nd and one time he put about a bike on me off the jump and i had caught him by about 70mph, coming outta first and then finished about 20 feet infront of him.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
we hit some twisties 2day fun as hell i must say, i almost smoked a racoon, that might have sucked. anyway to the issue at hand. He brought it up this time and wanted to do some more friendly racing and we wen't to an abandoned personal airport about 25 minutes outside of the city. it's where all the imports race so they had 1/4 mile lines sprayed out, it was pretty sweet i had never actually been there b4. we only got to do 4 runs. 1st three runs i crossed first by about one bike lenght, a half bike and then about too bikes infront, so i was feeling good. we would shoot the breeze and let the bikes cool down b4 attempting more runs. 4th run...He got the jump on me off the line and we where about 1/2 way down the run and he was about a bike infront of me but i was coming up on him quick and then blam i blew passed him like he was setting still, I got to the end of the run and was turning around and i seen him toss his helmet about 30 feet threw the air, so i cruised back over and seen what had happened...his chain popped and when it did it flew up and demolished the lower part of his fairing, that was gonna be a close race, i felt bad for him so i called my buddy w/ the truck to come and pick the bike up for him and get it back to his house...so all in all i'm still beating an 03' 954 which is awesome for me and i've got a new riding buddy as soon as he gets his bike back up to par. Just thought i'd share my updated story w/ yall and now i'm going to finish watching the saints game....later bro's....KRUM :burnout:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Sounds like some fun there, That just shows how much of a better rider you are! :thumbup: :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
skibum91 said:
Sounds like some fun there, That just shows how much of a better rider you are! :thumbup: :clap:
LIKE SKI SAID plus you can thank your gearing that you got him like that too

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
skibum91 said:
I like to hope so, i need to get some more track days in as well before winter sets in, gotta stay sharp in the twisties...it seemed like he wasn't too much on me in the twisties either, who knows it was all fun ass can be. send the 954's my way :thumbup: ....later bro's, KRUM

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rev411 said:
can anyone go to the airport or is it private property?
it's closed down...abandoned, you cant go to a regular airport...this was just a personel airport.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
yup, and gettin his ass handed to him by my cylinders :D
:laughingr :laughingr

1 - 20 of 58 Posts