Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about doing the TRE mod to my 03 GSXR 600. Do you think I could get some pro's and con's please? Thanks everybody. Also which resistor should I use 15000 or 6800?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
First of all use the 15000 resistor. Pros more power u can feel when you open up the throttle, due to your timing no longer being retarded so you get more accelaration. The cons is if you dont have one with a switch its tough on cold starts. also your revlimiter is gone. But I strongly recommend getting one.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
yea, pretty much what ^^^^^^ said. I would do it but get the switched ones.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
yea it only works on the 00+ 750 01+ 600 & 1000.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am also at a high altitude. Will this cause any problems? Will I have to make modifications to my PCIII?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
no it shouldn't make any changes, I'm at 5000ft and it doesn't need any special attention.

·
Registered
99 Posts
you dont lose your rev limiter!! :laughingr Not trying to be mean, but you don't lose that. I have the "Non-switchable" one on mine and I still have my rev limiter and it starts easy on 50 degree mornings here. I just push the start button once and she runs fine, no restarting. But you do "not" lose the rev limiter.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I have the switchable one and cold starts it runs kinda bad at first until it gets warm, and the reason being is because you idle is dropped like 300 rpm's or so with it on I heard that you do lose the rev limiter with it on, I dont know personally yet, cause I shift before i hit it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
And another thing, people say it drops your idle. Mine doesn't change from before I had it on unless I pull the clutch in, then it drops, but only while the clutch is engaged. Which is why I think I don't have a problem with cold starts. Anyways, I would get it, you won't be dissapointed. Later :thumbup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
is it noticeable.....

is this tre mod such noticeable or just the same "any mod you make to your Bike makes it feels better".

Ride Safe................ :hammer:

·
Registered
543 Posts
If you know your bike you can def. feel the difference with it switched on or off, greater throttle response. I've also noticed that it makes roll ons alot easier, i guess the bottom line is you wan't everybit of power that the bike u paid for is capable of achieving, thus said an $8.00 mod to achieve pistons hitting top dead center "yeah, you'll feel the difference".

·
Registered
522 Posts
if u want to pay $100 for one :hmmm: that has safties and doesnt mess up ur neutral map... here you go. www.motorcycleradar.com Go to the very bottom of the page. I like this unit cause i can set the map for what ever gears i want. My only complaint is that he is out of stock alot and takes a while to get back in stock. but hey, maybe -300rpm is ok with some people.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts