Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I wish I had an explanation for the drop in voltage with increased RPM but both my K6 750s do exactly the same thing.

I get about 14.8 at idle and lose 0.2 volts when I go to 5k rpm.
Thank you very much, yes, I am very curious

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Jomar's battery doesn't seem bad to me unlike some of the others we have seen, but something to keep an eye on. The drop off (other than a need for more voltage from bad parts or an increased load) was explained to me by one of the engineers here but since I am not at work much these days I cant ask him.

I want to say he said it had something to do with the magnetic field, or something technical I'm not familiar with (will ask him when I go back to work).

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just so you know. One time I was laid off from work & needed a battery. Bought a cheaper battery, not even really cheap. Mid level.

One day the battery decided to leak acid straight down the swing-arm. Burned the paint. Still regret getting that battery.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just so you know. One time I was laid off from work & needed a battery. Bought a cheaper battery, not even really cheap. Mid level.

One day the battery decided to leak acid straight down the swing-arm. Burned the paint. Still regret getting that battery.
Fun fact: In 2002 I went to buy a new GSX-R and immediately fell in love with the blue/white 750 (still own it). After a while I noticed a strange hose hanging below the battery tray which I originally assumed was stock. A friend who had the same bike showed me that it was not so I went back to the dealership (months later), and asked them about it since it was a new bike. They said that while the bike sat on the floor the stock battery had leaked acid down and onto the swingarm and shock (same as yours). Suzuki's recommendation was to warranty all of the parts then instructed them to drill a hole in the bottom of the tray and attach a drain hose just in case it did it again LOL! Ahhh….the good ole days.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Fun fact: In 2002 I went to buy a new GSX-R and immediately fell in love with the blue/white 750 (still own it). After a while I noticed a strange hose hanging below the battery tray which I originally assumed was stock. A friend who had the same bike showed me that it was not so I went back to the dealership (months later), and asked them about it since it was a new bike. They said that while the bike sat on the floor the stock battery had leaked acid down and onto the swingarm and shock (same as yours). Suzuki's recommendation was to warranty all of the parts then instructed them to drill a hole in the bottom of the tray and attach a drain hose just in case it did it again LOL! Ahhh….the good ole days.
I was thinking of adding a drain hose to mines. Don't know how to add a connection to the tray.

I just end up putting tissue there hoping to absorb any acid before it gets to the suspension parts.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was thinking of adding a drain hose to mines. Don't know how to add a connection to the tray.

I just end up putting tissue there hoping to absorb any acid before it gets to the suspension parts.
If its a quality battery and its setup properly it should never leak, just drill a hole at each of the back corners of the tray, which will also take some weight off the bike
:LOL:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts