Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I use sharkskinz, and love them. They are really light, very flexible and hold up really well. I use a Yosh fairing stay.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Most will be using Sharkskinz or AKComposites for serious racing/trackdays. Those two companies are the priciest as well...around $800-$900 for full set. I had some Hotbodies for trackdays on my GSXR and the stuff is "one crash only" stuff. Hotbodies is thin and very brittle...stay clear from it. I had some used Sharkskinz on my R6 track/race bike and the stuff survives even some of the worst crashes. Checkout Godfatherracing.com, lots of the racers from Gixxer.com (and these are the serious guys) are using them and have said their stuff is quality, survivable, and fit and finish is great. Godfather glass is about $400 shipped (if you are licensed racer...$450 if not) and primered already (not drilled). I have a set on order for my R6. The best fairing stay is GPtech. Its average on the price ($150-ish) but it's the only one I've seen that is a 3 piece. Meaning that the "ears" are replaceable in the event of a crash ($30-ish a piece). One piece stays have to be replace entirely if they get bent up bad so it can add up. Most fairing stays will come with holes to hold your stock gauges. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Yea it will hold the stock cluster, GP tech and one other company I know of makes the 3 piece ones, but can't remember the name right now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys...i have qb carbon on my r1 with a harris stay...but since im going to try and race the gixxer i want something fairly cheap and strong......so godfatherracing and sharkskins with gp tech stay....thanks guys.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.