Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to ask, cause I'm really new to the whole scene, and I just don't know, lol....

Ok, so my best friend who I love as a brother, has a CBR-900 that he rides, and he often rides alone at night since our entire crew turned out to be 2 faced. N E WAYZ....so he lives with us, and usually he goes out till 2 or 3 in the morning. So Casey (my hubby) and I will go in and go to sleep since neither of us have bikes and can't go with him. What usually winds up happening though, is that I won't sleep very well, cause I never know what's going on out on the street, and I worry about my friend, so I wind up waking up around 3:30, creeping into the hallway, and making sure he's home safe (he sleeps with the TV on in his room, so I can see the light under the door without waking him up).

I always worry that maybe I'm being too much of a mom to him, and that he's a grown guy and can take care of himself, but I don't know what'd I'd do if I ever had to call his mom (whom I'm very close to) and tell her something happened and that I fell asleep so I didn't find out till morning about it. (Please keep in mind that something like that HAS happened to Casey and I, where we found out his dad and brother were killed in a car accident in the middle of the night)

Am I totally paranoid, and maybe this is dealing with the accident from his dad and brother? Or just a protective person looking out for my own "brother"? I'm just wondering if anyone else does the same thing with anyone they know?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Seems like your a little overprotective, but thats understandable because he's a good friend and he lives with you, now if he didn't and you called him every night or something that would be overstepping your boundaries as a friend. But (no offense) most women worry about stuff like that. I hear it from my girlfriend, mom, boss, other co-workers and friends, all girls.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, my girl doesn't like it when I ride at night either. It's not uncommon for women to worry about things like that. Don't feel too bad about it, the way I look at it is, it's better to have someone who cares about you than no one at all.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...I'm just really protective over my family I guess. I think the main part of it is cause it's happened before and I don't think I could handle losing someone again.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
awww that's really cute
Hopefully your friendship stays strong like that through the years

I guess all girls are like that. I know a lot that do something like that, as in calling you everyday to check up on you and the "call me to check in when you get home so I know your ok." I used to be out all night on the road cruising in my car, doing canyon runs, cruise pch and hit up the beach. I'd be out till 4 in the morning and wake up 3 hours later for work, i'd do this every night. And yea, I didn't come back one nite.

Especially if you drink a lot, they call up and keep you on the phone to make sure nothing bad will happen to you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
you cant save the world man if he wants to go let him go a friend is a friend hes a big boy if something should happen god forbid it does then that is life i have a wife and two kids when i ride i know it may be the last time i may ever see them but i know god is with me and life is too short to be taken away but its the choice i make they know i love them but i could be killed in a car just as easy. its sounds like a sob story but if you ride you would know what i mean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts