Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
It does require cutting the flange off of your stock exhaust. I know guys get a bit of anxiety when they hear that, but it's not all that bad. When I do an installation that requires a cut (GSX-R's, SV650's, 929/954,etc) I put some masking tape around the mid-pipe and measure it and draw a reference mark on the masking tape. I then take a hacksaw with a new sharp blade on it and it cuts through it like butter. You don't even have to take the header off of the bike. Then you simply slip the new pipe on and away you go! :thumbup: I sell Devil pipes too, let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yeah I have an 04 600. I just order and still waiting for my blue flame high mount. They told me the same thing. I had to cut, kind of located under the right pegs. Cut there and just slip it right on with a clamp that was included. Don't remember them mentioning about welding.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
i'm gonna switch up to a high mount soon too, but i'm not aprehensive about taking her to my local muffler shop and having them do the cut/weld for me.....most muffler shops should be able to do it for you and for damn cheap ($50 or less)...not much for a job done right....and no you wont lose any performance, etc.

GulfCoastGixxer said:
Will the Devil can give me the "What the fuck is that coming down the road?" sound? :bounce

:funny: :funny:

man i love that sound, and you used my quote!!! classic!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Its easy to make the cut, just use the electric sawzall the devil sound is throaty , but not obnoxious- on certain bikes like 954 they are kind of quiet -deep-on GSXR they are a bit louder cause GSXRs in general are a louder bike I think-louder than yamaha and honda for sure-and some Kawi's...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.