Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've already adjusted my throttle cable to the max at the clip on and now I have what seems to me to be a lot of play. I know how to adjust my throttle farther down (left side under the tank) but should i adjust my pull cable as well as my push cable? and when should i think about replacing my cables? I'm at 13.5K miles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would adjust the cables as much as possible by the throttle body. Then if you still have too much slack take it up from the adjuster by the throttle tube. I wouldn't worry too much about replacing the cables, even though I know it is annoying having a sloppy throttle tube. But if things are still sloppy and you are going to replace the throttle cable, first take a look at the throttle tube and make sure that it isn't all worn out at the part that holds the cable. Too bad you just can't take the cable to a place and have it shortened.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would adjust the cables as much as possible by the throttle body. Then if you still have too much slack take it up from the adjuster by the throttle tube. I wouldn't worry too much about replacing the cables, even though I know it is annoying having a sloppy throttle tube. But if things are still sloppy and you are going to replace the throttle cable, first take a look at the throttle tube and make sure that it isn't all worn out at the part that holds the cable. Too bad you just can't take the cable to a place and have it shortened.
Do you have to remove the tank in order to get to that ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.