Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 gsxr600 when I start the bike stays on for 10seconds then cuts off then I turn it back on and I need to hold the throttle down for about a minute so it stays on but when I let it go the bike stays reved at 6,000 rpm only way to get it to drop is if I turn the throttle all the way forward it has new throttle cable and throttle tube would u happen to know what can cuz that nobody knows ?

·
SuperMod of the North
25,204 Posts
Did it do this before you put the new parts on? It sounds like you missed something during the re-install. The throttle should be spring loaded and snap back to idle as soon as you let it go. Check at the engine end of the cable to be sure the spring is engaged and check the cable is not kinked or pinched anywhere preventing it from moving freely.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If your cable is too tight it can cause the throttle to stick, but I’m betting the problem is under the air box where the cable connects to the throttle body, I’d remove the air box and move the throttle up and down bike off while inspecting all the moving parts disconnect the cable from the throttle body and move the cable, move the linkage to throttle body figure out where it’s getting stuck manually . By some chance maybe inspect the cable it self even tho it’s new it does not mean it’s a good one every time maybe a manufactures defect maybe it got kinked some how during shipping?!?! You replaced the cable my question is was there a issue before you replaced the old one that made you replace it.

·
Premium Member
8,555 Posts
^ Everything they said about the system binding, the cables mis-routed or adjusted too tight.

I'll add one more. Is the new throttle tube binding in the housing? Try loosening the screws on the switch housing as see if thing free up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts