Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have noticed something that is completely pissing me off about my gsxr. When I am on the highway, in sixst gear, between 7 and 9 thousand rpm, cruising, and I go to accelerate, I can feel that my bike is hesitating. I have to give it even more throttle to get it going but even then it does not feel the same as before. It is fine around town, in low to mid rpms. What could it be? Clutch? Valve adjustment? Plugs?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hello,

I have noticed something that is completely pissing me off about my gsxr. When I am on the highway, in sixst gear, between 7 and 9 thousand rpm, cruising, and I go to accelerate, I can feel that my bike is hesitating. I have to give it even more throttle to get it going but even then it does not feel the same as before. It is fine around town, in low to mid rpms. What could it be? Clutch? Valve adjustment? Plugs?
Prolly plugs. Or Possibly Coils

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the plugs/coils, wouldn't it be through out the entire rpm range when you jerk the throttle. I know my car had plug problem, if I would gun it real quick it would hesitate, it does not matter in which rpm range I was. On my gsxr it is only happening on high rpms.

·
Registered
894 Posts
But the plugs/coils, wouldn't it be through out the entire rpm range when you jerk the throttle. I know my car had plug problem, if I would gun it real quick it would hesitate, it does not matter in which rpm range I was. On my gsxr it is only happening on high rpms.
It could be a very small missfire, which you wont really notice untill your in the high rpm range since it would be happening a lot more frequently. Plugs are pretty cheap to change and should be done for maintenance anyway so thats where I would start...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could it be that my idle is set too low, its at like 900 rpm. But if i adjust it any higher it wont rev down as fast as if I have my choke on.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had bad coilds and when I got it dynoed you could see the flat spot and the signal break-up in that rpm range. Bike had only 2.5k miles on it.

Mechanic replaced the coils and problem solved.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yep, I found this article for you that might help

Measure the resistance between the primary (low-tension) wire and ground or ground terminal. It should be very low. Like .5 to 1.5 Ohms. The primary wire is the small wire going to the CDI box or points. Next measure the secondary (high-tension) wire and ground. (Note that on most bikes these days, the coil mounting bar, that passes through the coil and mounts it to the frame, is the ground for the coil primary and secondary wires.) This should be quite high, like 6000 to 13000 ohms. If the coil is out side the specs given in the shop manual the coil might be bad. Sometimes, a coil will work OK when cool but fail when it warms up. Let them cool and they work again. They make machines that will test coils under load. They are nice to have but can be pricey. Remember to take the plug cap off for the test. The cap can add 300 ohms resistance.

·
Registered
914 Posts
your throttle being set too low wouldn't cause that (granted it should be set alittle higher) because you said it does that around 7 to 9 grand. maybe you have a tank of bad gas, or a small misfire. thats all i can think of. or maybe you dont have to right jets in your bike, where your getting too much fuel or not enough.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually yes,

After I replaced my AIR filter the problem went away.....simple thing, overlooked somehow!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.