Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there i just bought a salvage 08 gsxr 600 with 4500km it was written off because of a wheelie gone wrong. it was downed on the the left side with minor damage (a few fairing pieces and a brake light) however when i rev it up i can hear a clicking sound well sounds more like a rattle on the right side when the bike is idling you cant hear it but as soon as you rev it the noise becomes apparent and gets louder as you rev higher. thanks for your time
-tom

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well, GSXRs are known to make some noise. But if it seems too loud or much you could check to see if there are any cracks or leaks in the exhaust pipe from the headers back. I guess that could make some noise, maybe valves need to be checked/adjusted. Could need oil or water. Might need to be kicked over on the undamaged side and see what that does for it. Thats about all the advise I can give ya.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Well, GSXRs are known to make some noise. But if it seems too loud or much you could check to see if there are any cracks or leaks in the exhaust pipe from the headers back. I guess that could make some noise, maybe valves need to be checked/adjusted. Could need oil or water. Might need to be kicked over on the undamaged side and see what that does for it. Thats about all the advise I can give ya.
+1, also my cam chain got pretty loud but i have an 03. i would lean more toward valves

·
Registered
73 Posts
when mine is ideling it makes a clicking sound as well...seems to be normal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.