Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, Nooooob here...so have some questions :) I just got a 99GSXR 600 and I'm learning how to ride a motorcycle after riding quads (6 speed variety) etc. Obviously right now I'm taking it real slow but eventually I'm be comfortable to see what she has.

So my question: Since my bike has an analog speedometer and I find it hard to look down at the dash for too long I'm wondering, what year did (since I imagine they did) Suzuki START putting a digital speedo on the GSXR 600 ??

Thanks !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know the answer to Digital Speedo ?

Does the GSXR have one in any year ? I imagine so... what year did that start ? I have a 99 and it's analog and I don't love that so much.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does the GSXR have one in any year ? I imagine so... what year did that start ? I have a 99 and it's analog and I don't love that so much.
Not sure what year they started but my K6 has a digital speedo and analog tac.

if you are unhappy with your speedo im sure there are ones you can buy to swap out with yours. Perhaps maybe a digital race dash?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I believe in 1996 (not 100% sure) is when Suzuki introduced the digital dash.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
These bikes are race bikes, and the speedometer is a secondary instrument to the tachometer, and it's really only there to keep the bike street legal. That's why late model bikes have a small digital speedometer and a large, easy to read analog tach.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks S1, was wondering. And yep I get the Tach piece Tee makes sense... but being on the street I want to know how f'ed I am when the blues go off behind me :)

By the way, mine has 2 circular headlights. Does anyone know what years had those ? I'm asking this because I might upgrade and I'd like to keep the 2 circular lights but want a dig speedo. If I LOVED my current bike I'd swap the instruments out but there's some other things I don't love anyway so I'm considering changing bikes.

Thanks !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.