Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, i'm new i just bought a 2000 gsxr 600. i've had a couple problems however. At high rpm's it stumbles/bogs down, and at idle it will once in a while make this rapid ticking noise. From what i've read, and from what i've been told, the timing chain is responsible for both of these issues. I also read it could be the spark plugs. I guess cleaning the carbs is always an option too but from what i've read it seems like the timing chain. What do you guys think? Thank you for your input.

i just read that it could be the ignition coils too...?

Also -- there is a switch on top of the left side fairing. the guy i bought it from only had the bike a couple days because he got it from a trade and then sold it to me, so he really didnt know the history of the bike. any ideas on this would be appreciated as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey everyone, i'm new i just bought a 2000 gsxr 600. i've had a couple problems however. At high rpm's it stumbles/bogs down, and at idle it will once in a while make this rapid ticking noise. From what i've read, and from what i've been told, the timing chain is responsible for both of these issues. I also read it could be the spark plugs. I guess cleaning the carbs is always an option too but from what i've read it seems like the timing chain. What do you guys think? Thank you for your input.

Also -- there is a switch on top of the left side fairing. the guy i bought it from only had the bike a couple days because he got it from a trade and then sold it to me, so he really didnt know the history of the bike. any ideas on this would be appreciated as well.

start with the simple easy fix, the plugs. my 03 gsxr1k did the same. i changed the plugs and never a problem since. the ticking noise, you stated once in awhile during idle, r u you positive that its not coming from your fan? fan kicks on at a certain temp. if not, i would deff recommend new timing chain, note that all gsxr's tick non stop to the experience that ive had with 3.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your input but ya i dont think its the fan because its more of like a very rapid ticking/grinding noise for around 3 seconds. but i will try changing the plugs to see if that helps in the high rpms

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.