Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
i maybe wrong and offbase , but why would u have to buy a eliminator ??

Now maybe different subjects but .. i ran a 03 blaster with tons of mods. I got clocked at 73 with a blown headgasket. On quads you can take the timing cover off. and make the screw holes bigger and rotate the whole timing section advanced like 2mm to get better timing. I maybe wrong idk..

and for you smartass's dont say ....... NO wonder you had a blown headgasket. Cuz its because i was running my motor so lean to see how long the rings i just ordered would last. Was guaranteed not to fuk up.... I proved them wrong :2hard

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
You dont have to worry about detonation. I run 87 on my 600, and it runs fine wiht a TRE. It does not advance the timing per se, but ELIMINATES the reatard in the lower gears. it is retarded to limit torque. The TRE puts the timing to the same in all gears.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Tre-instalation

Question: Does anyone have a diagram of where the TRE unit should be installed? I have a FUELMOTO unit for my 2001 GSXR 750. The instructions say: install unit on the left frame unplugging the three pronged white plug. The only problem is that there are two white plugs in this location. They say it is the one that leads down to the front sproket. A diagram would be a great help. I am counting on you my fellow Gixxer riders. I would like to plug the TRE in tonite!!! Thanks

·
Registered
6,980 Posts

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Tre Installed!!!

Thanks for the advice, I finally put the TRE unit in last thursday. I tested it
out on sat. MAN, what a difference, that is the best 35 bucks I ever spent. That unit added at least 5 more HP down low and mid range. I was spinning the back tire a few times when taking off from a light. I had to back off the
throttle a few times because I was going faster than I thought!!! WOW, I
didn't think it would make that big a difference. All that on-off throttle jerkiness is gone. I don't know how the other units work, but the FUEL MOTO TRE works for my 01 750 gixxer. Looking forward to more "testing" this weekend!!! THanks again for pointing me in the right direction..... :thumbup: :bounce :bowdown:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
just get the one from the gixxer.com store.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I installed a TRE on my 04 750. I have a full Yosh exhaust, BMC air filter and a Power Commander. I was so stoked to get it and put it on but I took it off after a week, I didnt notice a difference worth having it on for. Since I put it on I noticed that when I whip the throttle really quick it doesnt rev up smooth, it almost seems like it bogs. This happens when it is in neutral or the clutch is in. After a split second it revs right up. I am worried now that it still does it after I removed the TRE. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I just had the bike serviced 500 miles ago but I am about to take it in again to have them check it out.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
The problem may be the power commander :headscrat .................if you down load the correct maps to your ECU you don't need the power commander. My dyno tuner hates power commanders and recommends they be removed. I had my bike dyno tuned without the TRE and when I put it in I could feel the difference, for the better!!! :bowdown: I have an 01 750

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Use of a power commander is really a preference, yeah, you can do lot more with it, and even dial in a bike yourself. I had done most of my own mapping, just riding, pulling over with the laptop in a backpack and dialing in new shit, when I finally got it dynoed, they worked on it a little bit but they said it was pretty much straight, plus, riding style suits my power availibility. I see not much sense in getting a tre after checking out the places that sell them and reading these threads, but, might make some of the DIY versions for my club, seems that I allways get stuck soldering shit. Maybe the TRE just does more if you don't have the PWR CMD, I just can't understand how they would work together harmoniously...but shit, I could be wrong, so feel free to set me right...peace all, thanks as allways for good info

·
Registered
164 Posts
In the past I've heard everyone talk about switchable TRE's, have any of you had issues with the ones that are not switchable such as starting the bike or it running crappy until it's warmed up??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.