Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

281 - 300 of 315 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Wow & yeah y'all said it all (it SUCKS how they designed that).

I just thought routing the wide-band lambda on my 750 was tight but it doesn't hold a candle to that.

BTW, this thread is my absolute fav on the R. So looking forward to Tin ripping it down the highway when he's done.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Tin is looking forward to that tooo.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Well. Carbs and air box are in and buttoned up. Only snag is after tearing the garage up looking for the filter I remembered I gave it to Russell when he was here cause I was going the pod route. Looks like we are done here till the new filter arrives.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Well shizit. No idea why that is sideways. Sorry Eh?

·
Premium Member
1995 GSX-R 750
1,449 Posts
Isn't everything sideways in Canadia?

It's no easy feat, bring back an antique bike back from the dead. But the rewards are SO high...

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Tin,
I really like your videos! Short, to the point, etc. I like your narration too.
Other than what you've already tried to get those plugs out of there, I have no other ideas.
Keep up the Strong work! You'll get 'er done.

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
My 1st thought would be use a heat gun to soften up the plastic plug and remove the pins.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Ok false alarm. A finer screwdriver and going at it from the opposite side of the wires worked. Popped all four out slick as snot.

It is absolutely perfect out at the moment but I have some running around to do. Will fix this up tonight and if she fires up will do the carb sync. Just want the engine sorted so I can get to all the little stuff like bleeding brakes and need to pull the clutch and inspect. Pisses me off when it is apart and won’t at least run.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Spectacular. Soldered all the terminals on the wires and came to find that I managed to bigger the plastic connector. Two would not click in. Must have gouged out the ridge they clip on. Shrink wrapped them and plugged her in. Fired right away.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
I did the carb sync as well. 1 and 2 were about 1 1/2 off. 3 & 4 were perfect. 2 & 3 were 2 1/2 off. Dialed in now. much smoother.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Are you still missing the air cleaner in the OEM box? It'll help the a/f's to have that in there too, as I know you knw this.

Glad it runs!

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Yeah. No air cleaner. It will run better once that is in. I don’t think it will affect the sync much. It will certainly help the carbs pull fuel better.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Looks to me that you need a bit of heat on the end of the shrink wrap where the wire enters. The bike is sounding good with those carbs dialed in. Great work!

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Looks to me that you need a bit of heat on the end of the shrink wrap where the wire enters. The bike is sounding good with those carbs dialed in. Great work!
Yeah, I didn't realize it at the time but the shrink wrap I used was only 2:1. By the time I got a piece wide enough to go over the connector it didn't want to shrink tight to the wire. I have some more electrical to tidy up and will heat it with an air gun & squish it flat with my fingers. I just wanted to hear it run at that particular moment.

I also found a voltage gauge in the clearance bin for 17 bucks. It tucks into the front nicely and doesn't interfere with the swing of the forks at all. I will have to pull the cowling to install but that is another day. The cowling was coming again off to finish the electrical tidy up anyway. Now I want the matching oil temp gauge for the other side.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
OK, cool fact I discovered. I found an owners manual on line and apparently the OEM chain from the factory was a continuous chain. There was no master link , one solid chain Replacing the chain required dropping the swing arm.

·
Premium Member
1995 GSX-R 750
1,449 Posts
She sounds really good Tin ! ! !

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Thanks.

(Just between you and me, she is running with out the copper header gaskets at the moment. I will put them in this weekend and she will not have that intermittent ticky sound up front.. Don't tell the guys.)

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Premium Member
1995 GSX-R 750
1,449 Posts
I don't use the copper ones. Haven't had one fail on me yet...

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
That's what it listed as the OEM part. The Hindle headers had metal crush washers but since I went back to the stock pipes I scrounged up a set of stock gaskets. Not sure if it will make any difference but I don;t have much experience with these bikes and took the guess work out of it.

281 - 300 of 315 Posts