Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding an 03 GSXR 600, and i have the swingarm from an 03 750 on it. I am looking for a tire hugger for it, but i have one concern. I am also going to gear the bike, front and rear sprockets. If i add several teeth in the back, 3 or 4, are most huggers going to fit underneath if the hugger has a chain guard. Wondering what kind of huggers some people have and how much clearance is around the sprocket. Thanks

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
You'll have plenty of clearance with 3-4 teeth up on the rear, Just make sure you get a hugger for a 750 or a 1000 not the 600.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have been making sure i'm looking at huggers for the 750, not the 600. I could have got a good deal on one for the 6, but it won't fit.

Another question. (imagine that). Do you know if the tire hugger off the 03-04 1K will fit the 03 750 swingarm? I kind of doubt that it will, but there sure are a lot more of them available then other huggers.

Thanks for all the answers man
kyle

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
01-04 1000, and 01-03 750 are the same fit.

And no prob on the help man, anytime thats what I'm here for. :thumbup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
skibum91 said:
01-04 1000, and 01-03 750 are the same fit.

And no prob on the help man, anytime thats what I'm here for. :thumbup:

Are you serious?? Wow. That kicks ass. I couldn't find one that mentions fitting the 03 750 on ebay, but there are tons that fit the 03-04 1000. Awesome, i'm gonna order one.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
According to Suzuki, who offers colored huggers, the only difference between the years are the Color of the plastic, not the fit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
skibum91 said:
According to Suzuki, who offers colored huggers, the only difference between the years are the Color of the plastic, not the fit.
I was looking around on suzuki's website, and i don't see any tire huggers on there? Did you see this on there site, or do they have a seperate site for accessories?

Do you know if the front fenders changed from different years. My forks/fender and everything is from an 04 600. I want a front fender, and most of the CF fenders are for 03 600's and 750's. I would like to get them off ebay because you know you can get everything cheap on there.

Man i didn't know i had this many questions.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
The best place to find the Rear huggers from suzuki is either your local dealer or go to www.oneidasuzuki.com and go t accessories, then gsxr stuff.

I'll get back to you on the front

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I would say yes they are different, but that is a guess of the top of my head.
In 04 they went to radial callipers on the 600, which would have changed the bracketry on the lower fork........... but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
The front fender is going to be different, you have to get one for an 04.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.