Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Long story short, I completed my first two track days on Monday and Tuesday of this week. I noticed that I have a significant difference in wear on the left side of my bike then on the right. I looked at some other guys and girls bikes and didn't see a wear pattern like this. Of course maybe I didn't look hard enough. It also rained right after our last session and I didn't get to speak with the tire guys. I noticed it the first day, but didn't think to much of it. Any thoughts on why I would have a patterned line running down the left side? There were a lot more rights then lefts. One left was slighty up, then down. I was at mid-ohio if that helps. I have attached some photos.

I am running a 2007 GSXR 600 with Michelin Power RS on the front and rear. Cold pressure was 25 in the rear and 30 in the front.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I'd up that rear pressure to about 30 cold. Looks like the rear was wallowing at lean.
Temp test basic, after a session put your hand on the tread, if you cant hold your hand on the tire without burning you, your air pressure is too low.
It should feel hot but not enough you cant hold your hand on it.

·
Premium Member
8,217 Posts
It looks like the line between the soft side compound and the harder center compound.

Why it is more pronounced than the right side....????

BTW, I think the wear looks pretty good with no feathering at the sipes. It does not look like the tire was running too hot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts