Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
i believe what you are describing is pitting. like if you run your hand over the tire it feels like there are spots that are worn more than others. and that usualy from running to little pressure in the front tire had 2 sets of pilot powers do that to me till i started running the pressure the tire says to on the side. lol imagine that do what the tire says. wish i had thought of that before i wasted to fronts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Also caused by your tires not being balanced. It happend to my buddies because he did not have weights in the front.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Never heard of the term "pitting" because there are no "pits". It's actually known as cupping (aka: scalloping) to those of us in the know. Fairly common on tires with some miles...doesn't have to be alot but a fair amount. It's ABSOLUTELY NOT caused by improperly balanced tires either. Tire pressure can be a slight factor but not much unless it's just rediculously off. Cupping is just the result of the side of the tire doing it's job...gripping the surface of the road. The uneven wear is just the result of the forces encountered while leaning and working on the rubber. You see, the leading edge of the tread does not flex as much as the trailing edge as it grips the road so the rubber is scuffed off the tire in that area causing a depression.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.