Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
The license plate light gets power from Br and Bl leads on the wiring harness. They change at the connector to Gr and B/W to run to the light. The license plate light is commonly removed when a fender eliminator is installed, oftentimes by a hack who just yanks it apart at the connector. Your leads sound like them. Depending on the design of the fender eliminator, the plate may not be illuminated. Cops tend to not like that, i.e. it's illegal.
Well, once again you are spot on Bill! I went out in the garage, turned on the key, and looked at my license plate area.
I's lit up- from the tail light. My plate is up on a mount, right directly under the tail light. So there is that LOL.

Now I know I have a hot lead and ground under there- that I doubt I'll ever use.
Oh wait- I could hook up some neons!--NOT, J/K, not this guy.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Sun came out, 46F, no salt, no wet roads, I got the day off, Had to ride!

The bike still feels so amazing, like a new bike. I was able to crank on some of my favorite fast/safe corners near my home. Handles so much better. I think snugging up the steering head, bleeding the damper, and some suspensions setting adjustments. Mirrors are much more clear now too- little to no vibration.

Todays favorite/safe corners

I also bought 2 x 5 gallon gas cans, and drove out where they have non ethanol premium!
I'll try and keep this the only gas I'll use in my Gix from now on when possible.
I want to dyno it purely on this gas to see if I can quantify what I think I feel on my butt dyno when I run the non-ethanol stuff!

Riding to work tomorrow afternoon too! Forecast mid 50's!

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Sweet! I got to ride today too, twice. To work! And then back home. Was wet this am then sunny, dry & 82. Sure beats the rolling cage.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts