Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
New levers came in today. Red China Knock offs. I had taken my current set off my LiterBike #1.0 before I sold it, and put the OEM levers on it.
This set is the same overall size and shape. The holes drilled in it are different sizes, the newer blue ones being slightly bigger holes in the lever.

Also, the little bolt to tighten the lever on the adapter sticks up slightly farther on the old set. The newer set was harder to take some of the vertical play out.
Old

New

I also used a left over copper washer to take out virtually all the vertical play in the brake lever too! You can't tighten the pivot bolt in the casting to get the play out otherwise. Much better now.

When I changed those levers over, the front brake never felt quite right, but always stopped well.
Wow- glad I changed these out! The piston plunger for the MC never got seated correctly into the hole inside the lever pivot point. It was just wallowing it out!

More better!

Reactions: RockerGuy

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
OK, Rode to work today, so I can take my 'long twisty way home'.

I realize my ghetto balancing of my tires/wheels was by now means perfect.
NO way it could be with my method- but it seems it's somewhere's in the ballpark- cause it's MUCH smoother now! I know, just new tires does some of that too.

I always check my chain tension, keep it lubed, etc. But I'm telling ya, spinning the rear wheel by hand on the stand, gets almost one more rotation right after I lube with the Dupont Chain Wax. It's not kinked links either- it's tight O-Rings on every link!

Between the new tires w/ Ghetto balance, chain in spec- (basically always is- check it nearly every ride), and my new levers with the more positive feel, it's like another new bike again! Mirros are clearer, clip-ons with less vibes, etc. Winning!

Oh, and when I swapped out the tires, I decided to reverse the rear axle this time!

Reactions: JCW

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Did the sun bleached the original levers?
Not yet, just got them. If/when I ride to work, it sits in the sun. I'll let you know if it does.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
I'm getting mirror block offs. My bike has the turn signals in the mirrors however, so I'm getting some
HotBodies Turn signal block offs- blue lens w/ Amber LEDs in them!

BUT, I use my mirrors. Oh, what do I do?
Oh wait, I've heard good things about the Made in USA, CRG HIndsight Lanesplitter Bar End mirors!
They clamp to my existing bar end weight! Slightly pricey- but supposed to have a great view and not vib much at all.
I'm getting Blue ones too! Actually, I might get black, haven't decided yet for sure.

I'll be completing this in the next few weeks. I think I'm going to like the sleeker look, while still having front turn signals, AND mirrors.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
The Core motos SS brake lines came in, as did the turn signal mirror block off plates.

This color Blue brakes lines will add another 10.26 HP!

Since everything works fine now and it is the 'riding season', my tinkering time on the bike is more limited. Hopefully, we'll get a rainy day on my next day off to install these things.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)
I'm getting mirror block offs. My bike has the turn signals in the mirrors however, so I'm getting some
HotBodies Turn signal block offs- blue lens w/ Amber LEDs in them!

BUT, I use my mirrors. Oh, what do I do?
Oh wait, I've heard good things about the Made in USA, CRG HIndsight Lanesplitter Bar End mirors!
They clamp to my existing bar end weight! Slightly pricey- but supposed to have a great view and not vib much at all.
I'm getting Blue ones too! Actually, I might get black, haven't decided yet for sure.

I'll be completing this in the next few weeks. I think I'm going to like the sleeker look, while still having front turn signals, AND mirrors.
Actually, decided against the Blue mirrors- thought it would look tacky actually. I'm going with black to match the rest of the handlebars, sans the blue levers.

I also decided against the $180 + for a pair of mirrors, and after reading a lot of reviews, decided on these cheapo ones for now off fleaBay.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow!! I"m only excited about that b/c I have the day off, and want to install my front and rear brake lines, and install the turn signal mirror block offs, and my mirrors- which should be here tomorrow too!.

We'll see what I can get done between my Doctors appt. and 6pm court for my speeding ticket.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #151 (Edited)
Got the Brake lines changed out. I always like that it also changes all the brake fluid too.
I happen to have an UN opened bottle of Dot 4 to do the job.
I like the blue lines on it, matches up well IMHO.

* Edit- I had posted about the Venhill SS lines I had put on my LIterbike #1.0- and sold it with those on there.
ON that thread- someone on here mentioned these CoreMoto SS brake lines. The price is now similar- so I went with these
CoreMoto brakes lines on Literbike #2.0. I like these even better- and they went on well, etc.

Bled both fronts- they are parallel now, and the rear. Feels good, looks good, nail it.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
My FleaBay Mirros- the CRG Lanesplitter/Hidsight knock offs also came in yesterday.

I decided to mount then to see how they work first, before I remove my OEM turn signal/mirror combos I have.
Using the LED turn signal block off plates will require me to cut and splice the wires - easily done.
I want to ride with the Bar end mirrors before I do any cutting though.

for those old guys/gals like me, they will remember The Who's Quadrophenia album cover picture of that scooter with all the mirrors on it?
Currently, my Motorbike reminded me of this album cover:

Well, here's what my bike currently looks like- until I can give it a good test ride, I'm not removing the OEM's. It's been raining a lot the last few days.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
I had to remove the bar end weights to mount these mirrors. I actually think they are slightly heavier than the bar end weights-
Last night and driving to work this morning, there is Zero vibration/blur in the bar end mirrors!
They stayed put too. Took it to just over a hundred mph on a nice highway 90 turn and they stayed put. I can adjust them a tad while moving too.
The images are ~50% smaller though. Peripheral images/vision is wider/better.

Assuming the ride home goes as well, I'm taking off the OEM's and splicing the wires for the turn signal block off plates this evening.

Not bad for $20 shipped for the pair.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
OEM Mirrors/Turn Signals- relocated to garage shelf
Using a stiffer piece of line/rope and some tape, I was able to get the wire routed correctly. After loosening the windscreen to feed the wires down and out of sight.
I spliced the plug on the new LED Turn signal Block off plates. They are Blue to match my bike, with Amber LEDs. I turned on the hazard lights to get a pic of both at once.

I'm surprised I'm already getting used to the Bar End Mirrors! They are clear at speed! The image is smaller overall, but clearer.

I rode around a little with all 4 mirrors attached, before I went ahead and installed the turn signal block off plates, and went with the bar end mirrors.
I like the way it looks too. YMMV

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Loved my first ride with this new bar end mirror/turn signal block off plate combo! I really like the difference in my view of the road, no more 2 mirror pods sticking up.
My new Flea Bay Knock off mirrors (knock offs of the CRG hindsight lanepslitter) are awesome too! They don't move, or vibrate at any speed. It takes an extra while to run the wires the OEM way under the windscreen and between the fairing, so they are all tucked away and you don't see them.

There is less windswirl slightly w/o the OEM mirrors too.

On this model, with the front turn signals in the mirrors, making this change is a little more of an operation than the non turn signal mirrors on most bikes.
I'm glad I got a good brand of turn signal/block off plates- HotBodies- and read the reviews on these mirrors, and finally made the switch.
It looks a little more 'sportbikeish' this way, while still having mirrors- albeit bar end ones.

Nice to know I can easily resplice in the OEM signal/mirrors if and when I ever want to. I don't see that happening now though.

If you've read this far, give me a nod, and thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
I took some picks of the OEM MIrror-less look in the light yesterday.

I did have the right one fold in yesterday when on a car-less country road I hit a buck fiddy. NO problem, just snug up the adjusting bole on that one a tad more.

I'm really happy with this 'upgrade'. I wold recommend trying it on your street ride too! YMMV

·
Registered
506 Posts
I took some picks of the OEM MIrror-less look in the light yesterday.

I did have the right one fold in yesterday when on a car-less country road I hit a buck fiddy. NO problem, just snug up the adjusting bole on that one a tad more.

I'm really happy with this 'upgrade'. I wold recommend trying it on your street ride too! YMMV
Bro, those mirrors are outside the jet stream.

-10 hp

141 - 159 of 159 Posts