Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,238 Posts
Just heal up get well, focus on getting back to your craft.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
500 Posts
Do a flip.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Do a flip.
Now I realize, you meant just sell the one I just got, and isn't even home yet.

I really like these bikes- so much that I admit I'm emotionally involved with it.
I already ordered a new blue double bubble shield for the newer one, and a helmet too.
It doesn't have frame sliders, but I can take them off the salvaged one, etc.

We'll see, I do't think I'll have any problems getting what I paid, until at least 7/4/17, then the interest wanes till next year, up here where there's a 'season'.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Now I realize, you meant just sell the one I just got, and isn't even home yet.

I really like these bikes- so much that I admit I'm emotionally involved with it.
I already ordered a new blue double bubble shield for the newer one, and a helmet too.
It doesn't have frame sliders, but I can take them off the salvaged one, etc.

We'll see, I do't think I'll have any problems getting what I paid, until at least 7/4/17, then the interest wanes till next year, up here where there's a 'season'.
Actually, I was just quoting Bender from Futurama.:wink

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Wow, just re-read most of this thread. I was one messed puppy from that crash. Oh what the hell, this is the only life I know- mine. Thanks again for everyone's' encouraging posts those years ago. Coming up on 4 years.
I'm glad I found another bike like I had, and rebuilt and sold that crashed one.

Reactions: koth442

·
Dad Bod Super Mod
27,814 Posts
Well shit. For a second I thought you did it again! Glad it is just an old thread.

Can’t lie, my first thought was “hope he is OK”.

Second thought was “Jesus Christ, that guy spends more time in the trees than some squirrels I know. From now on he will be referred to as Squirrel.”

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Well shit. For a second I thought you did it again! Glad it is just an old thread.

Can’t lie, my first thought was “hope he is OK”.

Second thought was “Jesus Christ, that guy spends more time in the trees than some squirrels I know. From now on he will be referred to as Squirrel.”
That had me LOL. I'm fine, but thanks.

Nope, never again! Still my only crash on a street bike in many a year of street riding, etc.
I CAN be a little squirrely at times.

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Registered
81 Posts
Holy shit those ribs near the spine are awful I had a similar injury in an offroad crash and I could not lean back in a chair, laugh, move suddenly, or even sleep for like 6 months I hope you get well soon. Really glad your alive!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Holy shit those ribs near the spine are awful I had a similar injury in an offroad crash and I could not lean back in a chair, laugh, move suddenly, or even sleep for like 6 months I hope you get well soon. Really glad your alive!
Thanks WD,

This was nearly 4 years ago!
Those broken ribs DID hurt a bit! When I'd lay back in my recliner for comfort- I couldn't get back up and out- without my wonderful wife's help. It took a few months.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks WD,

This was nearly 4 years ago!
Those broken ribs DID hurt a bit! When I'd lay back in my recliner for comfort- I couldn't get back up and out- without my wonderful wife's help. It took a few months.
You said you were out for a few did you wake up with your wind gone? Post impact my wind was knocked completely out for about 10 min. It was scary and lasted longer than i could have ever imagined! I took a turn over a bridge too fast while evading authorities on a Yamaha BLASTER I rolled it over and landed on a lil green electric box. So gasping for air I jumped up and rolled it back over. Hell of a day! I wasted no time when I was 18-30 always seemed like I was always that guy! Alcohol was a factor in that crash. I am glad I waited this long to buy something as fast as a liter bike I haven't drank in probably 10years and looking back I seriously doubt I woulda have stayed alive.

Sorry for the thread jack! I am pleased to hear this was 4 years ago this damn algorithm on these sites has a habit of bring back the past i'm sure every body knows what I am referring too. Is that your current bike in the avatar?

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
You said you were out for a few did you wake up with your wind gone? Post impact my wind was knocked completely out for about 10 min. It was scary and lasted longer than i could have ever imagined! I took a turn over a bridge too fast while evading authorities on a Yamaha BLASTER I rolled it over and landed on a lil green electric box. So gasping for air I jumped up and rolled it back over. Hell of a day! I wasted no time when I was 18-30 always seemed like I was always that guy! Alcohol was a factor in that crash. I am glad I waited this long to buy something as fast as a liter bike I haven't drank in probably 10years and looking back I seriously doubt I woulda have stayed alive.

Sorry for the thread jack! I am pleased to hear this was 4 years ago this damn algorithm on these sites has a habit of bring back the past i'm sure every body knows what I am referring too. Is that your current bike in the avatar?
Yes, current bike in the Avatar.

Here's the latest thread on it:

41 - 51 of 51 Posts