Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a completely stock 750. i changed the oil a couple weeks ago and let my bike sit for some weeks since i need a new tire. i started it yesterday and she had a rough idle and throwing fi code. i think i put too much oil and it got on the plugs. any suggestions anyone. what should i do? just replace the plugs maybe? don't want to mess it up even more. i feel dumb

·
Registered
914 Posts
i have a completely stock 750. i changed the oil a couple weeks ago and let my bike sit for some weeks since i need a new tire. i started it yesterday and she had a rough idle and throwing fi code. i think i put too much oil and it got on the plugs. any suggestions anyone. what should i do? just replace the plugs maybe? don't want to mess it up even more. i feel dumb
how much oil did you put in your bike? it shouldn't have taken more then 3 quarts.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much oil did you put in your bike? it shouldn't have taken more then 3 quarts.
i think i put a little more. could an fi code be caused by that cuz i don't know what else it could be. i haven't done anything to it

thanks for the input man.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i put enough in and road around the block came back let it sit and after a couple minutes i put a bit more according to the lens. so i might have put more when there was oil already inthe engine. i was worried cuz i thought i was leaking oil for some time.

·
Registered
914 Posts
i put enough in and road around the block came back let it sit and after a couple minutes i put a bit more according to the lens. so i might have put more when there was oil already inthe engine. i was worried cuz i thought i was leaking oil for some time.
yea it should take about 3 quarts my k7 600 says it takes 2.6 quarts but it really takes about 2.8. how much more then 3 quarts did you put in? cause if you just put alittle more then 3 i cant see that being the problem.

·
Registered
914 Posts
have you put it in the dealer mode yet? thats what you should do to see what code its throwing.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
Overfilling your oil won't cause an error code to be produced. If you slightly overfilled it, nothing should happen. If you way overfilled it, it will be frothy with lots of bubbles, caused by the crankshaft hitting it and you motor would be bogging down. If that's the case, change it before running the engine again. If that isn't the case, you haven't overfilled it enough to cause a problem. Your FI problem is most likely unrelated.

Let us know what code you've retrieved....

·
Registered
5 Posts
F1 Code

I Get this code also sometimes if i havnt rode in like 2 days or more and this is caused to to moisture if you turn your bike on let it run for about 20 seconds then turn it off and start it again the error is gone this has worked for me every time

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so it ended up being my servo. i just got done on another thread talking about it. i got the r55 to bypass the whole thing so im good now. i did put a little more oil in but you guys were right, it wasn't the problem. thanks for everyones input!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.