Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Was at my dealer today. He used a device to link a Computer with the black wire under the seat to adjust Air/Fuel mix ratio. I want to get one of those for myself, since you can easily change vital settings without a Power Commander. Unfortunately I forgot the name! I thought it Power something. I would be really greatful if anyone could tell me the name of that device. It consists of a green looking computer programme, a USB wire, a little box and the wire that connects to the ECU.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
It's the dealer's ECU reflash module. I don't know where you get them commercially. I think you're still better off with an external module like a Power Commander, since you never lose your base map, so you can restore it to stock without a problem if everything goes to hell.

Also, ECU firmware can only be reliably reflashed a certain number of times (a couple dozen or so, not sure how many.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the dealer's ECU reflash module. I don't know where you get them commercially. I think you're still better off with an external module like a Power Commander, since you never lose your base map, so you can restore it to stock without a problem if everything goes to hell.

Also, ECU firmware can only be reliably reflashed a certain number of times (a couple dozen or so, not sure how many.)
That's good to know. Unfortunately, PowerCommanders are illegal for road use here. Where do you know about the ECU losing reliability when flashing from? That's very interesting. Can I reset the ECU to factory default?

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
That's good to know. Unfortunately, PowerCommanders are illegal for road use here. Where do you know about the ECU losing reliability when flashing from? That's very interesting. Can I reset the ECU to factory default?
It's not in the (Suzuki) service manual, but it is in a few other bike MFG's service manuals and it's a common problem with all modern ECUs. It's a limitation of the EEPROM's in the ECU, which aren't intended to be erased periodically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts