Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its gettin to be a month into the year now and i was wondering if they have awarded best bike yet....i found another forum which is based on people that live in my city or close to and i find out everyone around here hates gixxers and they all think kawi and hondas have been the best bike for the past few years, and that gixxer cant even touch them. wtf?

anyone have any reviews on previous years best bikes? ive always read gixxer has been in the lead but dont know if im readin BS any more. I think these guys all just like the bike they own most, either that or im the only one around here who hates kawi and honda.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Well with the exception to last year since like 2000 when the FI 750 came out, the gixxers have been the best bike, and been on top compared to all the other bikes. Those guys just don't like gsxr's so they are talking crap.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whos that bike made by...did a search on it and got like 50 year old bikes that belong in a museum

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
tatsu said:
whos that bike made by...did a search on it and got like 50 year old bikes that belong in a museum
I'm talking about the GSXR 750 that was Fuel Injected.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
omg...im so dumb...
i thought the FI 750 was the name of some new bike..

so the gixxer hasnt been passed by anyone for a long time then, and still holds best bike?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Well last year was the ZX-10, but this year will probably be the GSXR again. I Haven't seen any reviews this year yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The best bike

It's good if you like the bike you ride, but everyone knows that the gsxr is the best bike you can buy. So far, all the people I have ridden with that don't have gsxr's are scared to race because they know the gsxr is the mad man of bikes!

·
Registered
345 Posts
With whats being said about the 05 1000, the gixxer looks to regain top dog status once again. What time of year do the reviews and comparisons of the new bikes usually happen, and be published?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i found another forum which is based on people that live in my city or close to and i find out everyone around here hates gixxers and they all think kawi and hondas have been the best bike for the past few years
Thats funny because if kawi would'nt have merged with suzuki then there would be no such thing as kawasaki anymore. Suzuki had to bail them out or else they would have went belly up.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they almost go bankrupt or something?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yea I read a while back that kawaski had to merge with suzuki in order to stay alive. I know that all of their off road machines like dirt bikes and ATV's all share the same parts and components, but they still independently build sportbikes. Kawaski said that they merged in order to save each other Alot of money through vendors each year and to expand the fastly growing market. In other words they want to be more competitive in the industry by sharing marketing ideas and by keeping both companies more profitable. Who knows, but either way they are basically the same company now. So talking shit about one is like talking shit about the other :) .

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah thats kinda like the time i saw some GMC truck with the calvin hobbes sticker of piss on chev

·
Registered
493 Posts
Its ok for those guys where you live to rubbish the Gixers as being also rans but you should point out to them that for yet another year they hold the lap record in the Production class at the Isle Of Man TT Races (04) and probably will do this year with the new K5. Also Crescent Suzuki won the BSB (British Superbike) Championship with a moddified stock bike against Factory Honda's and the like. As for Honda's they make good lawnmower engines....

·
Registered
124 Posts
The whole entire reason zook re-did the 1k this year is because the zx-10 beat it out in '04. And, in true suzuki fashion, they said, and I quote "HELL NO!!!!" And thus.......the new, and once again champion......'05 GSXR 1000. Feels good to be on top again, even though it was only a short stay at #2 (according to the so called experts anyway) Anyone ever ridden the zx-10, by the way? I didn't like the ride, personally.....just not as race feeling as my zook.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The so called top bike is what you want it to be. I hate manufacturer competition. Just because your bike has ten more horsies doesn't mean you can out run or out ride me. So who cares, ask who is the best then I can tell you... Rossi.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.