Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the top speed dynos were for gixxer 600s, 750s, 1000s and the busa. Also what are they rated for HP...ive been searchin the net like mad and cant find any info on anything anymore...the internet is gettin bad for that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
ive had my '01 600 to 178 on the street. What that actually calculates too i dont know but is was cool to see 178 on the speedo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,980 Posts
Stock the Gsxr thou has a speed limiter than won't let it go over 186mph
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,980 Posts
01gixxer said:
ive had my '01 600 to 178 on the street. What that actually calculates too i dont know but is was cool to see 178 on the speedo
DO you have it geared any differently?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,280 Posts
178 on the street :headscrat pretty smart!

i've had the speedo read 164 on the open highway...still had about 3K(rpms) left in 6th gear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
usdm420 said:
178 on the street :headscrat pretty smart!

i've had the speedo read 164 on the open highway...still had about 3K(rpms) left in 6th gear
So because i went 14 mph faster than you im dumb and your not? :2hard And that was in 6th with about 2k left
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
skibum91 said:
DO you have it geared any differently?
Its dropped 1 tooth in front thats it. So im losing top end. But it doesnt matter cause i drag race it anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,980 Posts
01gixxer said:
Its dropped 1 tooth in front thats it. So im losing top end. But it doesnt matter cause i drag race it anyway.
So you probably would have showed like 155-160 if it was stock gearing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
706 Posts
skibum91 said:
So you probably would have showed like 155-160 if it was stock gearing.
Hey ski how fast do you think my 04 1000 can go? What MPH is it Chipped at? :hmmm: It is stock no alterations, also what would it produce if I hook it up with a power commander?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,265 Posts
my bud hit 189 on his 04 R1 a couple days ago
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,980 Posts
Princeslea79 said:
Hey ski how fast do you think my 04 1000 can go? What MPH is it Chipped at? :hmmm: It is stock no alterations, also what would it produce if I hook it up with a power commander?
Its limited to 186 mph. Your speedo will not show past that, i had my bike topped out and it wouldn't show faster than 186. I think at sea level a bike with a pipe and PC dyno tuned you could probably hit an Actual 190-195.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
I know for a fact it aint top speed but 168 today on a 04 gsxr 1000. I have read and heard from different sorces that the 03 and 04 gixxer 1ks will do 186 top end with the govenor on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kinda like ski just said???

is there a way to remove the govener or is that real illegal to do and no one will do it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,738 Posts
The speedo will read past 186,but your bike will not go faster than what your mods will take it (providing you get around your governor)
If some one re-up this post in another month I will take picture of speedo reading higher. My speedo on my bike is Wayyyyy off but read 234 before.
I know its no where near that but like i said its very off. :funny:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,280 Posts
01gixxer said:
So because i went 14 mph faster than you im dumb and your not? :2hard And that was in 6th with about 2k left

there's a BIG difference between the street and the freeway....the streets have red lights and cars doing 45-50...the freeway has no lights and everyone's already doing 80-90...sooooooooo yes that's kind of retarded. :twofinger
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,738 Posts
usdm420 said:
there's a BIG difference between the street and the freeway....the streets have red lights and cars doing 45-50...the freeway has no lights and everyone's already doing 80-90...sooooooooo yes that's kind of retarded. :twofinger
hahah
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top