Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i was originally told that in order to go to the advanced track you are required to have a two piece suit that zips together as well as gloves, boots, helmet and you are not allowed to have anything that can shatter on your bike, like headlight... hence hot bodies fairing kit.. as well as only run water to cool engine due to if you crash the water isnt as slippery as antifreeze.. but now i was told that you need a one piece track suit.. as well as the other things ive listed above.. can someone clarify exactly what is needed.. and i know that i will need to start with the course then work my way up to advanced, but i would like to just have all the gear ready for me when i decide to start going.. Thanks

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,716 Posts
So your question is what is a one-piece track suit? Simply one that you can't separate into a top half (jacket) and bottom half (pants) like any roadracer would wear.

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,723 Posts
Ok, so i was originally told that in order to go to the advanced track you are required to have a two piece suit that zips together as well as gloves, boots, helmet and you are not allowed to have anything that can shatter on your bike, like headlight... hence hot bodies fairing kit.. as well as only run water to cool engine due to if you crash the water isnt as slippery as antifreeze.. but now i was told that you need a one piece track suit.. as well as the other things ive listed above.. can someone clarify exactly what is needed.. and i know that i will need to start with the course then work my way up to advanced, but i would like to just have all the gear ready for me when i decide to start going.. Thanks
It should be listed on the track organization you ride with webpage.

That being said.

Most orgs accept a leather 2 piece zipped together, water wetter is also required. Taped up headlights and tail lights. Removed mirrors. Less than 5 yr ol DOT rated enclosed helmet. Gauntlet gloves. Full road racing boot. CE Back protection

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So your question is what is a one-piece track suit? Simply one that you can't separate into a top half (jacket) and bottom half (pants) like any roadracer would wear.
I know what a one piece track suit is, i was wondering if you need it to go to a track, because i originally thought you needed a 2 piece, but then other people told me i needed a one piece.

It should be listed on the track organization you ride with webpage.

That being said.

Most orgs accept a leather 2 piece zipped together, water wetter is also required. Taped up headlights and tail lights. Removed mirrors. Less than 5 yr ol DOT rated enclosed helmet. Gauntlet gloves. Full road racing boot. CE Back protection
Ok thank you

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,716 Posts
I know what a one piece track suit is, i was wondering if you need it to go to a track, because i originally thought you needed a 2 piece, but then other people told me i needed a one piece.
Gotcha. Like the others said, check with the organizer. For example, here's what Sportbike Track Time requires:

Rider Gear Requirements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•Damage free BSI,ECE-2205, DOT or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield.

•Riding boots that fully cover the ankle.

•Gauntlet style gloves with full wrist coverage.

•One or two piece leathers. Two piece leather suits must zip together for Novice, Intermediate or Advanced groups. Ballistic nylon suits such as Joe Rocket, AeroStitch etc. are acceptable in the Novice ONLY. They can be one piece or two piece that zip together with 50% zipper contact, reinforced and padded shoulders, elbows, hips, and knee areas. No chaps.

•Advanced and Intermediate group riders are required to wear back protectors. Soft back pads sewn into suits are not enough. We sell Knox back protectors at special STT member discounts. We can arrange to deliver your new back protector to you the day of your event or ship it to your home. We have a limited number of back protectors for rent at each event.

•STT also asks that you consider the use of a chest protector.
So they allow 2-piece in Advanced but must zip together.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where are you located? As mentioned, check with the trackday organization you want to join and ride with. They'll list the gear and tech requirements on their website. Most all allow 2 piece leathers as long as the zipper is full circumference. You usually don't need to replace antifreeze and safety wire the oil drain plug/filter/filler cap until you are in the advanced group. Even in advanced, you still don't need race bodywork, just have everything taped up and disable the brake light. That's how it is with the group I ride with.

If you're just starting out and have never been to the track before, just tape up your lights and go learn and have fun. As you get more involved with the sport, you can upgrade. No need to try and meet advanced tech requirements for your first day. Although, it is great if you do! Just make sure your oil plug /filter are properly torqued.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotcha. Like the others said, check with the organizer. For example, here's what Sportbike Track Time requires:

So they allow 2-piece in Advanced but must zip together.
Thanks! That cleared up alot for me

Where are you located? As mentioned, check with the trackday organization you want to join and ride with. They'll list the gear and tech requirements on their website. Most all allow 2 piece leathers as long as the zipper is full circumference. You usually don't need to replace antifreeze and safety wire the oil drain plug/filter/filler cap until you are in the advanced group. Even in advanced, you still don't need race bodywork, just have everything taped up and disable the brake light. That's how it is with the group I ride with.

If you're just starting out and have never been to the track before, just tape up your lights and go learn and have fun. As you get more involved with the sport, you can upgrade. No need to try and meet advanced tech requirements for your first day. Although, it is great if you do! Just make sure your oil plug /filter are properly torqued.
Im in Parsippany, and im going to shoot for having advanced tech requirements my first day, just bought Alpinestars Track Pants, and when i have enough for the GP Pro Jacket i will be buying that along with the back armour they sell separately. And the only reason that i would want the race bodywork is so that if i go down i dont devalue the bike that much..

It likely depends on the organization. Many will allow a 2-piece in novice, but some require a 1-piece for advanced.
Got it, thanks!

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,723 Posts
Also go to our club level and trackdays section. A lot of valuable info in thrre for riders starting out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts