Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Surfing?
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm working on getting all the gear for track days.. but when and where are they? I'm in Orange County California..

·
Registered
264 Posts
don't do it!! its addicting and expensive!!! I am complaining to the BBB cause its too damn expensive!! j/k I am just starting out too just did my 2nd track day in NJ and already got bumped up. All I can tell you is follow the race line, proper body position and follow the race line ...everything else will com natural and also depends on your OH SHIT factor. But, enjoy and save money cause its going to cost you a lot of money!

·
Registered
272 Posts
willow springs
las vegas
infineon
miller
arrow
fontana
laguna seca

i just got back from spending the weekend at barber and the 11hr drive there and 11hr drive back. so any comments of its to far of a drive, i'll prob have to hit ya

·
Registered
35 Posts
not to thread hijack,
but on the note of track days...

If they offer a 2 day event...is the 2nd day pretty much the same as the first day? I'm on a limited budget and can probably only afford one day a month.

What is your recommendation...stay the two days because of different instruction on each day...or is one day per month good enough?

Thanks!

Edit: I'm only 2 hours from the racecourse.

·
Registered
272 Posts
if you have the $$ u're better off doing both. u're there, your relaxed and set up, and u spent the first day getting things down so you're ready to rail the second.

personally, i don't do 2 days at places i know already pretty well. it gets to be a waste of tires and money to just do stupid laps. i start to screw around and see how many times i can spook my friends and stuff but looking at them in the corners as they try and keep up.

but... if you have the cash try and do the 2 day everynow and then. but stay ahead of it by drinking water days prior and doing a lot of working out IN the heat to get your body prepared to handle the heat and retaining more water. you need a clear head and no heat related issues so you an focus on passing that schmuck who just won't get out of the way.

·
Surfing?
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info.. Are you part of a club? Or do you just look up track days for each track?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.