Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a trackside front stand from Revzilla, The reviews I've read were pretty much all good except for 1. So my question is, Did I just waste $65? Or will it work for minor jobs like taking the wheel off to go get a tire mounted, Brake changes, Etc.? Any input would be appreciated. I kinda feel like I should've just looked for a used Pitbull on CL like I did for the rear...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
It'll probably get the job done. That bad review may be legit, but it sounds more like the whole thing was out of whack. I've seen pitbull stands bent in shipping, so don't read too much into that. I'm not a big fan of their front pad design, but again, you got a $70 stand, not a $200 stand.

·
Premium Member
8,217 Posts
There is a big difference in weight and stiffness between the Trackside and the Pitbull stand.

I've only checked out the Trackside at my local Cyclegear store but not used it vs the the Pitbull I use.

That being said, it should do fine for occasional use.

On a side note, used Pitbull stands seem to hold their value. I bought all mine used and I'm pretty sure I could sell them anytime for the same price I paid for them.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
^^^ truth. I have 2 sets of Pitbull. At one time, I also had a Harbor Freight rear stand. I used the HF stand just for winter storage. Wouldn't try sitting on the bike while on it, or while wrenching, but it served it's purpose.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I ordered a trackside front stand from Revzilla, The reviews I've read were pretty much all good except for 1. So my question is, Did I just waste $65? Or will it work for minor jobs like taking the wheel off to go get a tire mounted, Brake changes, Etc.? Any input would be appreciated. I kinda feel like I should've just looked for a used Pitbull on CL like I did for the rear...
It will serve its purpose man....you'll be fine. If you do decide you want another pit bull, don't even in box it an send it back. Plenty of used PB stands out there.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have the Trackside rearstand for my 600, and it seems to work fine. I forget what brand of spools i ordered, but they werent the cheapest option. For that price ill get the front stand as well someday. I did put a heavy duty zip tie around the collapsible handle, it seemed like it slid in a little too easy for my taste. Im sure the other stands are heavier duty, but i knew that when i bought and use it accordingly.

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,715 Posts
You'll be fine with it for your basic maintenance stuff.

PitBull makes a great product ,like others said it will outlast your bike and keep its value. PitBull are perfect for track/race and the constant beating that comes with it.

My advice, Keep the one you just bought as a second stand when you buy that PitBull later on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts