Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
SuperMod of the North
26,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Gonna be interesting.

I mentioned on the British thread Zeppelin was my second favorite band. This was true for a very long time. The Tragically Hip now hold that spot.
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

DISCLAIMER: Any one who posts any thing in this thread that starts with Justin or ends with Beiber gets a new avatar for a week. Looking at you USA...he is your problem now.

·
Premium Member
8,431 Posts
I had heard of them of course but they're really very good.
I won't mention the unmentionable person.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had figured you for a Guess Who fan.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm. Ok. Well, how about

Reactions: Leroy Brown

·
SuperMod of the North
26,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Sir. Yeah. Formed in Toronto in the late 60’s. Were the back up band for a dude named Bob Dylan for a spell.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Formed in LA so don’t qualify but mostly Canucks so I’ll throw them in for a mention.

Live from Louisville Kentucky.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Ok, now I am convinced you only posted this to be controversial... RUSH, is the greatest Canadian rock band... EVER... There isn't anything that even comes close to their talent, fan base, and success...

I will say, The Tragically Hip are good. Never heard of them before, but I like it.

Reactions: Leroy Brown

·
SuperMod of the North
26,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh boy. Ok. I am giving you Steppenwolf....why do you have to have The Band too? We are going to have to share that one.

Honestly WB I thought they were a southern band till I was in my 20s.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, now I am convinced you only posted this to be controversial... RUSH, is the greatest Canadian rock band... EVER... There isn't anything that even comes close to their talent, fan base, and success...

I will say, The Tragically Hip are good. Never heard of them before, but I like it.
Ah. So it begins.

I was a teenager during the early days of Rush. I went to high school with Neil Pearts cousin. Neil and Geddy showed up to a dance at my high school because they were friends with the band that was playing. I have litterally smoked by the lighthouse and drank on the pier mentioned in Lakeside Park. I spent my youth fishing off the bridge mentioned in Red Barchetta. I once sat my son down and made him listen to 2112 in order with headphones as God intended. I get it. Rush is litterally the sound track to my life

Thier first album is my favorite. You will get rebuttals soon. For now enjoy this rare video. Rush performing at a local high school here in 1974. This is pre Neil so you have John Rutsey on drums.

Reactions: Spyder13

·
SuperMod of the North
26,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, Levon Helm sounded like me.
Hold up a minute. Do you mean accent or do you mean singing? You didn’t happen to be in a band back in the day did you?

Reactions: Winchester Boy

·
SuperMod of the North
26,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just ran Spyder13’s IP address. Dude qualifies as partially Canadian given he could spit into Wisconsin. Canada could invade Wisconsin and the US would probably let us. They would fit in.
https://flic.kr/p/6QQ94M

·
SuperMod of the North
26,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok Spyder. From what you have posted in the music thread here is some Canuck content to consider

Metal: the drummer was actually my sons music teacher in high school in Burlington.

As you are unfamiliar with the Hip but a fan of Rush this is a starting point.

Reactions: Spyder13
1 - 20 of 49 Posts