Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ha! What a character.
Still sticking with Rush but I will give a shout out to Dallas Green. Dude has more talent than some of the more popular musicians could ever dream of having.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
True, and a native of my home town. He does have a habit of being a complete tool at times though.

Reactions: Leroy Brown

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Stompin Tom is the Canadian Johnny Cash.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yeah it was Long Time Running I watched.

Sorry about your loss too Tin.

As an aside, there is also a doco on Rush on Netflix that was also great.

Another one to watch is It Might Get Loud - no Canadians, just Jimmy Page, Jack White and The Edge playing guitars.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yeah it was Long Time Running I watched.

Sorry about your loss too Tin.

As an aside, there is also a doco on Rush on Netflix that was also great.

Another one to watch is It Might Get Loud - no Canadians, just Jimmy Page, Jack White and The Edge playing guitars.
Thanks Oz. I have seen It Might Get Loud. It was good. I will have to look up the Rush one. I don’t t remember watching it.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
There are a couple Rush docu's. The one (or two?) on Netflix is really good. Goes into depth on Pearts playing styles...

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Beneath is a little outside my usual play list. Did you see Varga earlier in the thread? Canadian metal to me would be Voivod. Unfortunately metal doesn’t typically reach a wide enough audience domestically to become a household name. Even less so making an impact world wide.

Reactions: Spyder13
41 - 49 of 49 Posts