Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 04 gsxr600 with a DandD bolt on and a bmc race filter, i just ordered a PCIIIusb and i was thinking about getting a TRE cause there cheap. now if the tre fools the gps into thinking its in a different gear, will this mess the the PC's head? :headscrat

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
no, it'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
No the TRE makes the bike have ignition timing that is the same in every gear. The USB, if you program it to, will change the timing that the ecm is sending out. So it will be changing the Un-retarded timing now.

The only thing it CAN effect is if you DL a dyno that was custom mapped without a TRE, and has serious ignition timing changes. But even then it should be fine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Don't think so

Well, I know this is an old post, but bugs me all the same.

The PCIII USB does not do anything with timing at all. Unless you got some special USB Powercommander that I have never seen, all it does do is adjust fuel mixture. The PCIIIr did and does adjust both.

If I am wrong, please let me know so I can start fiddling with my ign timing on mine.

Dean

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have an 04 gsxr600 with a DandD bolt on and a bmc race filter, i just ordered a PCIIIusb and i was thinking about getting a TRE cause there cheap. now if the tre fools the gps into thinking its in a different gear, will this mess the the PC's head? :headscrat
Hey Low04gix,
I got a 04 gsxr 600 with D&D bolt-on,K&N air filter and PCUSBIII also and wanna know did you find a map for all this??Please let me know cause Ive looked but couldnt find anything!Also went down -1 in the front.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey Low04gix,
I got a 04 gsxr 600 with D&D bolt-on,K&N air filter and PCUSBIII also and wanna know did you find a map for all this??Please let me know cause Ive looked but couldnt find anything!Also went down -1 in the front.
u dont have to have the exact map for your setup, u can use the yosh or muzzy with k&n and have the same effect. now i will say that without getting a custom map at an authorized dynojet shop u have basically wasted your money on the pc...i ran bookoo maps and none of them can touch a custom map!!! u could get it done for about 150 bucks, u aint gotta but if your gonna go....go BIG!!! peace...KRUM:thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
power comander mapping

i have a 2003 gsxr600z
40th anniversary alstare
d&d exhaust, k&n filter
i have been riding with the stock pipe on,...and i missed my D&D as soon as i found out i lost almost a whole second at the dragstrip. so,..i put my d&d back on. and if i got to go out of town....i'll put the stock on so i dont lose my hearing...lol!
i just put a p/c3usb on it and i am going to go and put my tre on it right now and tom. i'll see how it goes tom. i will come back and leave a quote on it later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a 2003 gsxr600z
40th anniversary alstare
d&d exhaust, k&n filter
i have been riding with the stock pipe on,...and i missed my D&D as soon as i found out i lost almost a whole second at the dragstrip. so,..i put my d&d back on. and if i got to go out of town....i'll put the stock on so i dont lose my hearing...lol!
i just put a p/c3usb on it and i am going to go and put my tre on it right now and tom. i'll see how it goes tom. i will come back and leave a quote on it later.
i am also having a custom map done,...a guy i know is comparing maps and doing his thing to make one for me,..and if it works good i'll let you know and will email it if you want to try it out. just make sure your bike is set up around the same for it to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.