Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I went to Gixxer.com to see the TRE stuff. Well these seems to be a couple of them to choose from and i don't want to make the wrong choice. I have a 2004 600.

Which one do i choose? :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
you need the 15k one, and I'd get the switchable one. :thumbup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes thats the one you want...
I second getting the switchable kind as well, I made and installed mine without the switch and the bike runs a little rough when cold.... Nothing major mind you, but enough that I will be installing a switch. :hmmm:

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's wierd that everybodys bike runs rough without the switchable ones. I don't have the switchable one and my bike runs perfect whether it's cold outside or hotter than shit. Anyways, that is the one you want, you'll enjoy it.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a TRE(Ivan) for my 01 600 and never noticed a differance.

I noticeds a Huge Diff when i bolted in my powercommander PCIII.

So just my 2cents but if you can swing it pickup the powercommander.

later
harry

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
bishopalstare said:
That's wierd that everybodys bike runs rough without the switchable ones. I don't have the switchable one and my bike runs perfect whether it's cold outside or hotter than shit. Anyways, that is the one you want, you'll enjoy it.... :thumbup:
Well I think its if you don't have your bike, tuned or mapped right it will multiply that effect when the bike is cold. Mine runs a little rough when cold, but normally my bike runs really rich, so I imagine that would be the cause for the rough running. but the TRE is still well worth is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So another Question, Does a Power Commander III usb replace a TRE. In otherwords would i be able to take off the TRE after the PCIII is connected? :cool:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
04GsxrRacer13 said:
So another Question, Does a Power Commander III usb replace a TRE. In otherwords would i be able to take off the TRE after the PCIII is connected? :cool:
No, the do different things. One is for fuel mapping and the TRE deals with Ignition Timing map. They used to make an R version of the PC, but not sure if they still do, and with that you could change the timing mapping. but just the PC III USB will not replace or remove the TRE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts