Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my bike been apart for about 2 weeks getting some stuff polished and rims painted and some little things here and there. i decided to do the tre mod before i put it back together i spliced into the solid pink and the black/white wire ran all the wires correctly to a switch. now i went to turn it on and i get the FI on the cluster so i put it in dealer mode and it says c41 which is the fuel control system i replaced the fuel pump relay and the problem continues should i buy a pump or is it the tre mod i did wrong.
http://www.81x.com/bugman/gixxermods that's how i did mine the switch version.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
coquito said:
ok my bike been apart for about 2 weeks getting some stuff polished and rims painted and some little things here and there. i decided to do the tre mod before i put it back together i spliced into the solid pink and the black/white wire ran all the wires correctly to a switch. now i went to turn it on and i get the FI on the cluster so i put it in dealer mode and it says c41 which is the fuel control system i replaced the fuel pump relay and the problem continues should i buy a pump or is it the tre mod i did wrong.
http://www.81x.com/bugman/gixxermods that's how i did mine the switch version.
the easiest way to figure that out would be undo the TRE mod and then you'll know.
Also check all plugs, that they are plugged in all the way. :thumbup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
On Bugman's site he says, "Almost all the errors people have with the TRE are due to using the improper resistor (often people use a 15 or 150 ohm resistor instead of a 15,000. You should probably get an "FI" error if you do this."

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm using a 15,000 ohm resistor. i took the tre mod off and crimped the wires back together and still doing the problem.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
then you know its something else. check all the plugs.

·
Registered
543 Posts
double check those resistors those colors don't exactly match what the back of the pack says.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Dirty Don said:
tip over switch?

That has nothing to do with his problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
the tip over switch cuts the fuel off, ive also notice on the newer suzuks that the preformed fuel lines are starting to pintch wile lowering the tanks. this is caused from the heat. i have had to replace 5 of them in the last 4 months. the first one had me guessing for a couple of days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts