Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes....

I made my Homework........ I even get my 15,000 Ohms resistor in a Electronics Repair Shop, and cost me 0.08 cents JA JA JA.... :laughingr ...
As far the cheaper mode U can Get.... :thumbup:

Ride Safe............. :hammer:

·
Registered
99 Posts
When I got one from Gixxer.com, the first one they sent me was bad. So I told them and they sent me another one that worked and told me must to throw away the old one. So, I took the old one apart and figured out how the wires should be and fixed it, put it back together and sold it for what I bought mine for. So I got a plug in one, for free. Can't get cheaper than that and I didn't have to splice wires!!! Ha, beat that!! :fu:

·
Registered
234 Posts
DO all GSXR need this mod? Does my 04 750? How big of a difference does it make?

Thanks
Homeless GSXR rider LoL

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
depends....

as far as I tested.........someone tell me if I'm wrong...

smoother from idle to aprox 8 to 10 K (hard to say 'coz don't have the switched version)

engine braking greatly reduced (when downshifting no more rear chattering ) and in slow traffic 1,2,3rd gears situation......

ride safe............ :hammer:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
What it does is, Suzuki from the factory retards the timing in the first 3 gears. Well the TRE eliminates that retard in the timing (by tricking the bike into thinking its in 5th gear) and it gives you more low end power. :thumbup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah, I just got mine done too. It seems to work good, but I want to test it some more. The rpm change stuff kind of freaks me out.

BTW, I figuired out a different way to do it. You only need a switch with 3 prongs and you only have to cut the pink wire. Basically what you do is take apart the connector under the gas tank and stuff a black wire in with the b/w. You put the resistor on the black wire. Then you cut the pink wire and cross the pink with the stuffed black wire/resistor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.