Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes....

I made my Homework........ I even get my 15,000 Ohms resistor in a Electronics Repair Shop, and cost me 0.08 cents JA JA JA.... :laughingr ...
As far the cheaper mode U can Get.... :thumbup:

Ride Safe............. :hammer:

·
Registered
99 Posts
When I got one from Gixxer.com, the first one they sent me was bad. So I told them and they sent me another one that worked and told me must to throw away the old one. So, I took the old one apart and figured out how the wires should be and fixed it, put it back together and sold it for what I bought mine for. So I got a plug in one, for free. Can't get cheaper than that and I didn't have to splice wires!!! Ha, beat that!! :fu:

·
Registered
234 Posts
DO all GSXR need this mod? Does my 04 750? How big of a difference does it make?

Thanks
Homeless GSXR rider LoL

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
depends....

as far as I tested.........someone tell me if I'm wrong...

smoother from idle to aprox 8 to 10 K (hard to say 'coz don't have the switched version)

engine braking greatly reduced (when downshifting no more rear chattering ) and in slow traffic 1,2,3rd gears situation......

ride safe............ :hammer:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
What it does is, Suzuki from the factory retards the timing in the first 3 gears. Well the TRE eliminates that retard in the timing (by tricking the bike into thinking its in 5th gear) and it gives you more low end power. :thumbup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah, I just got mine done too. It seems to work good, but I want to test it some more. The rpm change stuff kind of freaks me out.

BTW, I figuired out a different way to do it. You only need a switch with 3 prongs and you only have to cut the pink wire. Basically what you do is take apart the connector under the gas tank and stuff a black wire in with the b/w. You put the resistor on the black wire. Then you cut the pink wire and cross the pink with the stuffed black wire/resistor.

·
Registered
543 Posts
there is an even easier way unplug the gps sensor and tap out the top right prong and plug it back in, thats if you don't wanna spend any money at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wait a minute.....will this work on my 04 1000? Im kinda new here and not entirely sure what this mods is and what the applications are.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Jiggy

check out in page 2 of Tech - Posts

The TRE mod pro's and con's POST....

Ride SAfe......... :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
yes it will work on your 1K, and there aren't any cons to the TRE, not oversteppin you G i know you just directed him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts