Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Check these threads out and see if they answer your question. ;)

timing retard eliminator
http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=1514

Do the TRE's work on 600's!
http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=1649

Does anyone know where I can get a TRE?

http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=1602

TRE and PCIIIusb
http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=1701

TRE is an acronym for Timing retard Eliminator. Stock a GSXR retards the timing in gears 1-4 at certain throttle openings to limit torque, among other things.

The TRE eliminates this retardation and by installing a resister where the gear indicator used to be, fools the ECM into thinking the bike is 5th gear.

The neutral indicator is still connected as it uses a different wire.

No it wont kill the whole warranty on your bike. In order for a company to deny warranty service THEY have to PROVE that the aftermarket part was installed in such a way as to DIRRECTLY cause the failure that is being warranted. example, if your rim breaks, there is NO WAY the TRE did this, so it is still under warranty.

I have never heard of a TRE causing damage to any bikes.

The TRE for600 and 750 is 15K ohms.

TRE for 1000 is 6.8 K OHMs

All other TRE related questions will be answered here if you post one.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
good post moto, this one comes up every other week :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Psych_77 said:
good post moto, this one comes up every other week :thumbup:
It is now sticky too....... we can add to it as we see fit though. :cool:

·
Registered
320 Posts
That is why I made him a moderator. He is taking care of business. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
ZGixxeR said:
That is why I made him a moderator. He is taking care of business. :thumbup:
Definatly, he got on the ball before I did. good job moto

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I really like the sticky's and I have a suggestion, under the tech there is "tech and performance chat". Could we put another one under there that is poplular modifications, or something like that, and put the sticky's there. Just and idea but it would be pretty cool to have the TRE, PCI, and maybe even and exhaust type threads. Just an idea, the sticky's is cool though if not.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have talked to Zgixxer, and I think he is deciding what is the best way to do that.

·
Registered
295 Posts
those ideas sound pretty good to...better make and exaust one before i start one (i was just about to) lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys I have a quick question about the tre on my bike. I know that its suppose to alter your idle speed. I have my 04 1k idle set at 1250, but when I have the clutch pulled in it jumps to 1500. So my question is should the bike idle at 1250 with clutch pulled in or leave it the way it is? The idle just seems too fast the way it is. Thanks

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Sorry

hey guys, sorry i didn't see this thread...im a newbie and started a few new thread asking basic stuff about a TRE...don't mind my dumb questions on the other threads

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have 2 questions
1. will a tre affect the stock gear indacator on a 05 gsxr 1000?
2. what is the differance in a $20.00 tre and a $100.00 tre?

thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
i called ivans performance products and learned if you put there "smart" TRE (the only one that will work on an 05 1000? what she said) the stock gear indacator will read 0 in nutreal and 5 in all other gears

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Does anyone know if the Checkered Flag Motorsports TRE's on ebay for 25 bucks are just as good as Ivan's TRE's that cost like 55 bucks?

·
Registered
151 Posts
making tre

where can i get the factory plugs to make my tre, and what size resistors do you use?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
your dealer would have the plugs and im assuming you got a 600 from your sn, You would use a 15000. That you can get from radio shack.

·
The Lone Rider
2,462 Posts
low04gix6 said:
where can i get the factory plugs to make my tre, and what size resistors do you use?
When you say make your own, you mean "make" your own. if you can get this working could you post a how to. thanks

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Needabike said:
When you say make your own, you mean "make" your own. if you can get this working could you post a how to. thanks
look on page one of this thread, the very first post. click on the link how to make own tre and there you go, it explains everything.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts