Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 530am and about 2 hours ago, thieves tried to steal my bike... I went outside after I heard a noise, only to find my bike dumped on it's side, about 4 feet behind where I'd parked it. I never realized how easy it was to actually start the bike without a key. But they knew the trick.. too bad for them they didn't learn how to unlock the handlebars. It looks like they gave up when they realized they'd be going in circles.. My bikes in pretty bad shape now, My ignition was cracked off using the forks as leverage with some kind of crowbar. I have scratches on the forks, whole left side of the bike, Clutch lever, mirror... Well you know, everything that gets ducked up when you drop it... And I need the whole ignition hardware, and wireharness from the key down. Just wanted everyone to know, and be aware.. I was unaware... So I'm telling you!!!! Lock your handlebars, for the life of me I can't get them bitches unlocked now, even with the key... Lock them, and stay close to your baby... I got too comfortable, and rather than park inside like I usually do, I left it out there and got screwed. A smart thief would of picked it up and threw it in a pickup.. But the opportunistic thief will take advantage of any situation he finds himself in. I'm not to mad about the whole thing even though it's pretty ducked up... Just happy suzie didn't leave me for another man... Now if anyone is in Orlando and wants to help me pick this bitch up and put it in my truckbed... Let me know... She ain't Rollin straight so no ramp... FML

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
That really does suck man! But hey even with all the damage she's still there. There aint nothing like going outside ready to leave for work and your parkingspot is empty (happened to me too). And there isnt nothing you can do about it.

I got in trouble in Texas for baiting theives. I was told it was unlawful. But somehow its different than when a female cop poses as a hooker or a male cop picks up hookers:headscrat

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Sorry to hear, but they'll be back. They are back home searching the web for instruction on how to get around the steering lock.
Get the bike indoors when it's parked and make sure your insurance is current and you have comprehensive coverage

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
sorry to hear that man

i hate theives man. what person feels they're just by stealing somebody else's hard earned property..... low lifes. god even has a special place for thieves... sorry for the troubles dude but like you said, you got suzie!!!!!! :thumbup:

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
Sorry to hear, but they'll be back. They are back home searching the web for instruction on how to get around the steering lock.
Get the bike indoors when it's parked and make sure your insurance is current and you have comprehensive coverage
+1000000000

get that bike indoors and locked up

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sorry bro to hear that shit. Im sure they will be back. Like everyone else said, at least u still have her with u. I am a police officer and i have to deal with them mother fuckers all the time.

Chris

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Sorry bro to hear that shit. Im sure they will be back. Like everyone else said, at least u still have her with u. I am a police officer and i have to deal with them mother fuckers all the time.

Chris
how many reports do you fill in a certain time man? i'm interested in knowing that statistic. i'm sure it's a lot. :headshake

·
Registered
705 Posts
I take an ass load of reports. I could not even begin to tell you a number. I can tell you its only going to get worse. The way the economy is, doesnt help the situation. There wouldnt be as many larcenys if people would lock up there shit. I go to calls all the time where people leave there car doors unlocked, leave there shit outside and things to that nature. And they wonder why there shit gets taken. I know it is easy to just say nothing like that will ever happen to me, but in reality, it very well can.

Chris

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
This sucks to hear! I'm pretty sure I'd be the one baiting them to come back! And please be sure that I'd be ready to take matters into my own hands the next time as I sat and waited for them!

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's 530am and about 2 hours ago, thieves tried to steal my bike... I went outside after I heard a noise, only to find my bike dumped on it's side, about 4 feet behind where I'd parked it. I never realized how easy it was to actually start the bike without a key. But they knew the trick.. too bad for them they didn't learn how to unlock the handlebars. It looks like they gave up when they realized they'd be going in circles.. My bikes in pretty bad shape now, My ignition was cracked off using the forks as leverage with some kind of crowbar. I have scratches on the forks, whole left side of the bike, Clutch lever, mirror... Well you know, everything that gets ducked up when you drop it... And I need the whole ignition hardware, and wireharness from the key down. Just wanted everyone to know, and be aware.. I was unaware... So I'm telling you!!!! Lock your handlebars, for the life of me I can't get them bitches unlocked now, even with the key... Lock them, and stay close to your baby... I got too comfortable, and rather than park inside like I usually do, I left it out there and got screwed. A smart thief would of picked it up and threw it in a pickup.. But the opportunistic thief will take advantage of any situation he finds himself in. I'm not to mad about the whole thing even though it's pretty ducked up... Just happy suzie didn't leave me for another man... Now if anyone is in Orlando and wants to help me pick this bitch up and put it in my truckbed... Let me know... She ain't Rollin straight so no ramp... FML
If you leave your bike outside it is a proven fact that they will come back and try and steal it again. The steering lick is easy to break. If you have no choice but to leave it outside I would look for some one who will let you park it in their garage or a mini storage bike theft is on the rise and what you will find is they either trash them or put the parts on Ebay.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good luck on getting your baby fixed.
If it was me I would be on the news,
for attempted murder:arsenal

·
Registered
136 Posts
:headshake I f***** hate thieves!! Sorry to hear about your bike man, but like ppl said at least it's still there. And +1000 to putting it in doors, unless you want to keep it out and wait for them with a louisville slugger..

·
Registered
552 Posts
This sucks to hear! I'm pretty sure I'd be the one baiting them to come back! And please be sure that I'd be ready to take matters into my own hands the next time as I sat and waited for them!
+1. Id be trying to set them up in a trap too. See if you can get the fuzz to watch the place for a night or two while the bike sits outside. Or tie a 30' cable to the swing arm so when they drive away they get their ass handed to them. Id probably be waitin with a shotgun for the bastards lol. I would of loved to see the look on their face when they went to pull away and realized the bars were locked. Too bad the retards couldnt of figured that out BEFORE they trashed your ignition. Low live pieces of shit that have to screw with other peoples stuff piss me off more than about anything. It sucks to see what they did to your bike, but atleast they were to stupid to get past the steering lock and didnt get the gratification of getting away with the bike. With the broken ignition were they able to switch the ignition on, or did they hack into the wiring?

·
Registered
10 Posts
it can be fixed

good thing that didnt get it you need to find a spot indoors and you can still set them up but be careful i did that with my car and the guy had a gun and i was not ready for him cause he came back a few months later good thing i had pulled a fuse and did it evey night untill he came back he had a master key or something cause their wan no damage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Man that sucks, I too despice thieves about a year and a few months ago my car was stolen out of our underground parking, and I had my key for my bike in the car + a set of rims and tires and all my tools, I know stupid right I was simply just lazy and kept my stuff in the car instead of taking it up and down in the elevator, lucky I got my car back, but all the other stuff is gone, some meth addict stole it he got caught, more than likely only got a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again, even though the cop told me he was going to jail, I am a firm beleiver in the the justice system where you get caught redhanded stealing you get your hand cut off, I truly believe it would slow down the amount of thieving going on severely ;o)
P.S. you can get a new key and ignition lock including gascap and trunk release for a reasonable price on ebay- in situations like this ebay is your friend ;o)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I live in metrowest, a nice place but only a few blocks from the hood... My apt complex has cameras on the entrance and exit, and randomly throughout... But where I was parked no camera... Question: my bike, was laying on it's side... I picked it up, turn the ignition switch with a screwdriver. It turns on, but won't start.. I checked the usual suspects, clutch,nuetral and sidestand switch. I unplugged the battery for about 5 minutes and tried again. Nothing, doesn't even try to start, even tho fuelpump and everything else looks (sounds) like it should work... Is there something I'm missing.. I'm not able to get the new ignition until next Monday (suzuki has ordered it) but I'd like to be confident that's my only issue.. Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sucks man... guess you still have the bike tho. Hope you get it all fixed up.

If its legal in your state to shoot someone in your house then park the bike in your house and leave the door open so they can see the bike... be ready with a gun and shoot the mofos... blow their knee caps out or whatever.

I guess you shouldnt do this cause it would be wrong but damn...it would make me feel better. lol

The other night i was out with my riding group and a guy pulled up... guess he knew one of the riders. They were talking and the guy started bragging about how good of a thief he is. That shit pissed me off... i almost said something but didnt feel like startin anything. So another rider and I sat down and started talkin about this pro thief. We agreed that he might be able to take our bikes but hes not out runnin a 9mm. I said i would cut his hands and feet off if i could get away with it. haha.

We are thinking about turning him in. By the sound of it he had alot of stolen shit at his house.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.