Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. My bike is a 2001 600 and I have to hold the start button and let it crank several times before it will actually start running. What is causing this? Could it be the spark plugs need changing because they haven't been changed in a while. Also it only does it from a cold start once it has been started it will start right up on the first hit of the button. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Fuel injected right? Maybe blip the throttle a little at first crank. Could be bad gas... a little clogging in the fuel injectors... inspect plugs.
Once a year I have a buddy who is a certified Suzuki mechanic synchronize my injectors for the pre-winter storage check up. Doesn't sound like a major prob. If it didn't start at all then we have issues. Good luck.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dc2004600 said:
Fuel injected right? Maybe blip the throttle a little at first crank. Could be bad gas... a little clogging in the fuel injectors... inspect plugs.
Once a year I have a buddy who is a certified Suzuki mechanic synchronize my injectors for the pre-winter storage check up. Doesn't sound like a major prob. If it didn't start at all then we have issues. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice, I know that suzuki is a cold natured bike so that maybe the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.