Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to kickoff a turbo build on my K1 1000. I am hoping to get some advice from guys who have gone down this path. Like what kind of power these stock motors can handle, fuel system mods and electronics. I have most of the big stuff out of the way...Turbo, exhaust manifold, intake plenum, wastegate, bov, boost controller and the aem wideband controller is in the mail I just wanted to get some input before the undertaking

·
Operation ... squid
9,341 Posts
:welcome:
:needpics:

Make an intro in the new riders section ... def post pics :lol:

I'm about to start ordering turbo parts too :bounce

what size/brand turbo did u get? I know ur k1/k2 cases are strong af but I'm not sure how many lbs of boost u can run on stock internals, my guess would be no more than 5-6lbs ... are u doing anything block/head wise? I know ull be needing stronger clutches and some sort of fuel mapping. I've heard from a few dif pple that the power commander 3 is the best for boost. I obviously needa do a lot more research and quit bullshitting :0001136745-wait:

I've been trying to decide if I wanna piece my turbo kit together or just order a whole kit from turbokits.com ... the perk to them is everything is year model fitted and comes with pre tuned pc3 and a clutch kit. I also wanna build my motor b4 boosting it ... my goal is a safe tuned like 300rwhp on like 15lbs tho :lol:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I've heard magic number to keep HP at or under on stock motor is around 240.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Extreme, thanks for the welcome and the subtle pic request. lol. I was making up class hours yesterday and the internet saved me. Ill post some pics of the bike and current components tomorrow evening when I get home. I plan on keeping the boost levels relatively low on the stock motor, maybe 7lbs (I believe thats the lowest spring i have for the waste gate.) Im going with a thicker cometic head gasket and some stronger studs. Im running a turbo I got from a friend Im really not sure what it is. Its a T3 and the compressor looks to be about the size of a mitsu 20g (maybe a tad bigger)

·
Operation ... squid
9,341 Posts
7 lbs is kinda a lot on stock internals imo

if ur going with a thicker head gasket itll change ur compression a good bit, depending on what size. just make sure ur tuner knows what u got going on

id suggest either a cometic or an rc performance gasket with ape head studs.

from what ive read up on, ur gonna burn ur oem clutch out in no time, so u may wanna look into that too. i just bought the drag pak clutch kit from riders discount here, check into them too bc they give discounts for R members and are nothing less than outstanding in all areas

i just bought my kit too :bounce

stiiiiiiiill waiting on pics :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts