Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have quite the project on my hands..heh.
I have a 97 GSXR600 and a 92 Turbo Eclipse turbo and I would like the 2 to play together...lol Im not sure if anyone else has turbo'd a 600 yet or not..I know the bigger bikes do. If anyone has some info on mounting the turbo on the bike or the process of getti this to work...please email me as I am not always available to get onto the forums.

Thanks,
Bonzai Ben

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok so here is goes. A list of some of the things you will need
A turbo (perferably something small such as a TB25 A K03 off of a 1.8T VW or Audi mabe a 16g off of an eclipse) most small turbo's have internal wastgates so you will not need an external gate
A high pressure fuel pump (the pump must be capable of pumping at least 2psi of pressure more than the boost you plain on running. In other words if you want to run 10 pounds of boost your pump has to be able to pump at least 12psi.)
A rising rate fuel pressure regulator (a 1 to 1 unit that increases the fuel pressure with the increase in boost from the turbo. Such as a Mallory 4309 3 port regulator)
A pump to scavange the oil (most use a tilton differental pump, others use an electric fuel pump)
A turbo mounted oil sump to store the oil before it is scavanged (http://www.turbomustangs.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=282346 follow this thread for a pic. This sump is from precision turbo)
An intercooler or alki/water injection system

From there it is all fabrication. You will need to make
an exhaust manafold to mount the turbo to
an "intake" that runs to all four carbs that is plumbed into the compressor side of the turbo
pitot tubes to the carb bowl vent
You will need to tap into the bikes oil system to feed the turbo oil and you will need to run a big fuel return line to the tank when using the 3 port regulator. After that it's all in the jetting to make it run right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That all depends. The biggest expence is going to be the turbo which can be anywhere from 600-1500$ new depending on what you want. The second expence is all the fabrication work if you can not fabricate your own piping. That is hard to quote a fugure on because of all the variables. But for a complete bolt on system most i have seen start at 4,000 and go up from there. If you can fabricate and can complete all the work yourself becides tuning, and use a junkyard turbo ($50) with a rebiuld kit ($50) then you can do eveything for under 1,000 bucks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
thats cool...4000 is way to much but i like the junkyard turbo idea because i myself work at a welding shop. i saw the 4000 pricetag for a kit before and thought it was way outdated and figured why not buy a 1000 insted which would have more porformance stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.