Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this for for my 2020 R1. It is loud, really loud which I enjoyed. After about 3 months of perfect operation I did some performance runs. Basically I went 40 to 180 4 times in maybe 10 min. I pulled over looked down (I started noticing the excess noise) and this is what I saw!

IMG_1205.jpg

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Wow! It doesn't seem that an engine pull, like you described of like on a dyno would make a straight thru muffler come apart?
Is it a 2 brothers?-
* Edit- duh, just re read the titlle

2 Bros are known to be poor quality I thought?

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Premium Member
1995 GSX-R 750
1,529 Posts
That's pretty crazy. Can't say I am a fan of the 2 brothers mufflers. I'd assume the headers are still better than stock.
How old is this setup? Bought new? Maybe you can get it exchanged for replacement?

·
SuperMod of the North
27,955 Posts
I have never been a fan of the carbon fiber mufflers. Loride had his Taylor Made melt on our group ride in Binghampton. Regardless, you should contact them and see if they can do anything for you. Even some prorated discount may help.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
My Yoshi Carbon muffler is the bomb! Not literally LOL

While we're on the bandwagon......

I remember several posts about 2 Bros slip on mufflers actually catching fire!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are all correct except its the post header system. I was skeptical if the carbon myself cuz it can get pretty hot back there anyway i got a wild fabricating hair and although I am wishing I would have used a shield gas intsead of the mig wire I am pretty proud of the final product.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Yoshi Carbon muffler is the bomb! Not literally LOL

While we're on the bandwagon......

I remember several posts about 2 Bros slip on mufflers actually catching fire!
Shoulda listened! I don't doubt the fire story I think my blew apart when I was decelerating literally like a bomb!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts