Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my yellow 05 600 in May and when i was looking at it at the dealer i didnt notice it, but when i got home and was looking at my bike i noticed that the front and the rear cap wasnt the same color as the rest of my bike? So i go to one of the local dealers(not where i bought my bike) and when i walk inside one of the employees walks up to me and says,"They didnt switch that out for you when you bought it!" I was like switch what out and he said your bike is two different yellows. So i told him the whole story about me noticing that along time ago but didnt know what was up? SOOOO he told me that Suzuki put some of the 04 plastic on some of the 05's and that if the dealers received them that way they were supposed to contact Suzuki and they would fix it. He had one setting on his floor right then and i said well yours is like that and he said the new plastic is on its way. He said the place where i bought mine should of already had it switched out for me and if not they should of atleast said something to me to let me know whats up! Well he said even though i didnt buy the bike from them he would try to fix the problem and order me some new plastic! :D Which I thought was an awesome thing for him to do seeing how i didnt even buy the bike from him! Well i was just wondering if anyone else has heard anything or ran into this problem? If so what should I do and what if he cant order me new plastic? I didnt buy a brand NEW bike for nothing,Suzuki? :2hard

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
if he can't get them go back to the dealer you bought it from, they will change it. If not call suzuki direct. They'll take care of you.

·
S.I.J
5,080 Posts
You are right, Mine is the same way, the rear cowl is a different shade of yellow and the dealership i bought it from is two hours away. Now what do i do.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would call them and unfortunately you are probably going to have to ride back if you want it taken care of. I think if they will take care of it's worth the drive.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Boss358 if you noticed the rear cowl being that way look at the very front of your bike, then look right behind your front blinkers or right above the GSXR you will REALLY notice it then. Thats the part that looks the worst because its not just a small cowl its the whole front of the bike :(

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Boss358 said:
the dealership i bought it from is two hours away. Now what do i do.
Go for a nice ride. Enjoy the warm weather. Gives you an excuse to go for a ride.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
hey wait a second...my '04 600 is the same way...i brought this up to my friend and he was like "dude i noticed it on day 1, you didn't notice it?"

WTF?!?!?!?!....my front fairing is different than my sides....BASTARDS!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
is this only a problem with the yellow paint scheme?...i got the black and silver and dont see any problems....then again its probly harder to screw up a black bike.... :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who knows i guess the best way to find out whats up is to contact Suzuki. Anyone know of the best way to contact Suzuki? So I can find out whether they did it so several paint schemes or if it was just on the Yellow!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.