Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need some help. I have been rebuilding my head on my K7 1000 after it dropped a valve . I live in the UK by the way and it’s a uk model. I have seen a crack in the cylinder head by the valve guide . I have seen for sale a new cylinder head for sale but it’s for a U.S gsxr.
Does anyone know if it will fit or what the differences are if any . Or have anybody put one like this back together and ran it?

thanks .
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Wood Camera lens

·
Administrator
11,219 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The p/n 11100-21H00 for the cylinder head for the the US and Euro bike are the same.

Does the crack also show on the port side?

Two possible concerns. With that much side load to crack the head, the guide is also likely to be damaged and second, the guide may come loose in the head in operation. It would be risky to run it if you are looking for long life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

The p/n 11100-21H00 for the cylinder head for the the US and Euro bike are the same.

Two possible concerns. With that much side load to crack the head, the guide is also likely to be damaged and second, the guide may come loose in the head in operation. It would be risky to run it if you are looking for long life.
Thanks for the reply ,
Welcome to the forum.

it’s a brand new guide been pressed in . I didn’t notice if it was like it before inserting the guide .
The original fault on the bike was the the valve dropped and then split the original guide .
I warmed the head and froze the guide but it was still massively tight pressing it in . I can’t imagine it coming loose , more worried if it may have gone through to a water jacket . Couldn’t say for sure if the crack was visible through the port or not.

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
1,977 Posts
It sounds like the U.S. head will fit, and work without issue.

I might inquire around to a few machine shops to see if it can be repaired, and how much it might cost. I can't imagine it being cheap to ship a cylinder head across the pond.

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
1,977 Posts
AND, I agree with John. I would NOT run it like that. Small cracks ALWAYS get bigger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts