Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this nice undertail off eBay and it has integrated signals.
I'm having trouble with the wiring. I wired the tail light and the brake light.

There are four wires from each light: black(groud), white(tail light), red(brake light), green(signals).

The turn signals on the new undertail are powered by the green wire (one for each). The stock turn signal wires have 2 wires each: one for ground, one for power. I've tried putting these ground wires with the other ground wire for the tail light, and the green wires to the power wires from the stock.

I know this is confusing to read.

Does anyone how to hook this up?
Am I supposed to connect all the ground wires together?

Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pics would help. how many ground wires do you have? I am thinking that you have four by interpreting your post. if it is 1 ground wire for each light then attach each ground wire to the corresponding connector to the factory harness.(IE lt signal gnd, Rt signal gnd. and tail and brake to the ground for the tail light.) If you do not have ground wires for the turn signals then all you have to do is to connect the signal wires to the corresponding turn signal wires on the factory harness. IE Lt signal wire to the left turn signal connector etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theres only one ground wire for each of the two lights on the undertail.
i assume its the ground for the tail light, brake light, and turn signal. I will try just connecting the turn signal wire to the stock turn signal wire...see what that does....

thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
my friend got an undertail off ebay for his 02 750 and has the same prob he could either get the signas to work or the brake/taillight to work but not both at the same time he ended up getting different signals. i think it doesnt have the right circutry in the lights to have both work at the same time.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
low04gix6 said:
my friend got an undertail off ebay for his 02 750 and has the same prob he could either get the signas to work or the brake/taillight to work but not both at the same time he ended up getting different signals. i think it doesnt have the right circutry in the lights to have both work at the same time.
Sounds like the one he had didnt have integrated signals. If it only had two bulbs, then he would have needed a trailer light box.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
giXXXer said:
i think i'm just gonna buy a tail light integrator circuit and wiring it into the brake lights. thanks everyone.
Dont buy one specially made for bikes........ its a ripoff.

they are IDENTICAL to the trailer light boxes you can get at walmart or napa or whatever

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.