Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an 03 gsxr 750 and was looking to get an undertail, but I dont want the double circle one. Anyone know what others are out there and where to get them. Pics are helpful if you have one yourself. Thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good luck. I also have an 03' 750 and would like to do someting with the undertail. But all I ever seem to find are the "two round circle" ones also. Another thing is Iv never found a pic of an undertail with a place to mount the license plate, and I dont like the look of the plate on the swing arm. To me it would look nicer if they had a spot built in to mount the plate instead of having to screw L brackets to your nice new undertail.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
that 2 circle one youre refering to is the hotbodies. and youre both right it looks terrible i have a hotbodies and it looks great but ihave a k4. i never seen a nice looking tail on the 01-03 600/750, i think u might have to go custom

·
Registered
552 Posts
I would be happy to just find a decent integrated tail light. I would love to find a smoked LED one that gets rid of the retarded looking reflector that sticks out of the back. It seems like all the aftermarket ones still mold the lens with that big rectangular zit still there. And the "clear alternatives" brand ones that they actually molded without the zit, just look like cheap pieces of shit.

I have also read that the tail light off of certain years of either the CBR 929 or 954 fit with decent with just a little 'customization'. I think theres a thread over on gixxer.com

·
Registered
24 Posts
How did you do your home depot job? and does anyone know how or has seen a thread on how to put a k4 tail on a k3? I saw one at pimpbike.com that keeps the stock tail light on the k3 still which was cool but I am still not sure.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think a K6+ tail would be sweet. I never really liked the pointy look of the 04-05's. They look like there pointing up toward jesus or something lulz.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
How did you do your home depot job? and does anyone know how or has seen a thread on how to put a k4 tail on a k3? I saw one at pimpbike.com that keeps the stock tail light on the k3 still which was cool but I am still not sure.
I just used a dremel bit and cut down the mud flap. Got a trailer brake/turn light kit wired it up to the brake light and secured my plate through the battery box. My box has since burnt up so I have no signals at the time. check the link out above.. i like the 05 light on the 03 that shyt looks hot

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i did a homemade job myself on my k1 600, i just cut the tail flap so there would be enough room for the plate to fit, and i used the stock signals.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just used a dremel bit and cut down the mud flap. Got a trailer brake/turn light kit wired it up to the brake light and secured my plate through the battery box. My box has since burnt up so I have no signals at the time. check the link out above.. i like the 05 light on the 03 that shyt looks hot
do have any idea what brand the converter was?I have tried 2 from Autozone and they dont work.Hopkins was the brand I tried they said they thought draw tite would work???

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would be happy to just find a decent integrated tail light. I would love to find a smoked LED one that gets rid of the retarded looking reflector that sticks out of the back. It seems like all the aftermarket ones still mold the lens with that big rectangular zit still there. And the "clear alternatives" brand ones that they actually molded without the zit, just look like cheap pieces of shit.

I have also read that the tail light off of certain years of either the CBR 929 or 954 fit with decent with just a little 'customization'. I think theres a thread over on gixxer.com
Hey Tro I got one off ebay its a smoked LED with integrated blinkers in the tail light itself.... looks clean but it is on my K3 1000 not sure if they are totally different. I paid like 50-60 bucks shipped. Its very bright and it was easy as hell to install. Theres the link to one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-0...8636471QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.