Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have an issue with my 2007 Suzuki GSXR 600. This issue is not all the time but sometimes, I start my bike no problem, then i put it in first gear and release the clutch but the bike does not move, it just shuts off after i release the clutch all the way. In neutral or first i can not roll the bike manually it just won't move. Anyone have any idea of the problem or how to fix it?

To reiterate sometime i start the bike and it is fine and moves when i release the clutch.

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,862 Posts
If the trans is locking up only sometimes that's what makes sense to me.

·
Super Moderator
10,386 Posts
In neutral or first i can not roll the bike manually it just won't move.
So at the same time as the bike stalls when you release the clutch, the bike won't roll in neutral also?

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So at the same time as the bike stalls when you release the clutch, the bike won't roll in neutral also?
Yes, i tried to roll the bike by pushing it but will not move. When i release the clutch it will not move and just eventually stall. This happens randomlly some days there will be no probllem and other days it will happen.

·
Super Moderator
10,386 Posts
Yes, i tried to roll the bike by pushing it but will not move. When i release the clutch it will not move and just eventually stall. This happens randomlly some days there will be no probllem and other days it will happen.
This is a very fine point but does the bike not move at all, like the rear wheel is locked up, or does it rock back and forth slightly? (taking up the chain slack each way).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a very fine point but does the bike not move at all, like the rear wheel is locked up, or does it rock back and forth slightly? (taking up the chain slack each way).
It is difficult to tell as i do not have a stand to lift the bike tyre. But i just tried to move it and it just won't budge move slight movement that i could tell. it would not roll in the slightest.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
It is difficult to tell as i do not have a stand to lift the bike tyre. But i just tried to move it and it just won't budge move slight movement that i could tell. it would not roll in the slightest.
And the nuetral light is on when it won't roll? And sometimes it rides and moves fine? And the kickstand is Up when you put it into gear?

Twilight Zone

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And the nuetral light is on when it won't roll? And sometimes it rides and moves fine? And the kickstand is Up when you put it into gear?

Twilight Zone
So, i went out to test again. I put the bike in first and let out the clutch and it moved. Then i put it in neutral and it would not roll freely but would move very slightly. When i try to push the wheels roll a bit but very hard to do.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
So, i went out to test again. I put the bike in first and let out the clutch and it moved. Then i put it in neutral and it would not roll freely but would move very slightly. When i try to push the wheels roll a bit but very hard to do.
OK,
Have you rode this bike? Do you do your own chain lubing and adjustments?
Are the brakes sticking some?
How long have you had the bike?
What changed before it started doing this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK,
Have you rode this bike? Do you do your own chain lubing and adjustments?
Are the brakes sticking some?
How long have you had the bike?
What changed before it started doing this?
I have not rode the bike out yet, in the process of getting my license.
I do not own chain lube or adjustments yet but will soon If you have any recommendations?
The brakes do not seem to be sticking i believe.
I bought the bike around 3 to 4 months ago, It is a 2007 and have had 3 owners if that helps at all.
Not sure about the changes, Sometimes it moves freely back and forth, rolling forward i mean. no issues and sometimes i leave the bike for maybe four or five days for whatever circumstances without turning it on and when i come back it does this, It happened before when i left it alone for longer. Maybe a coincidence but just to note.

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
You should get a rear stand.
On a stand, in neutral the rear wheel should move with little resistance.
If you touch the brakes when starting it's possible a brake line is not allowing fluid to return but that's unlikely.

·
Super Moderator
10,386 Posts
I will take a guess and say your rear brake is locking up.

Try this. Open up the bleeder on the the rear caliper briefly, and without touching the rear brake, see if the bike rolls and works normally.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will take a guess and say your rear brake is locking up.

Try this. Open up the bleeder on the the rear caliper briefly, and without touching the rear brake, see if the bike rolls and works normally.
I need to buy a rear stand, once i do i will give that a try.

·
Super Moderator
10,386 Posts
I need to buy a rear stand, once i do i will give that a try.
You don't need a rear stand, just an 8mm wrench. Just loosen the bleeder and see if it rolls easily.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You don't need a rear stand, just an 8mm wrench. Just loosen the bleeder and see if it rolls easily.
So, today i checked again. It moves forward now i can push it, however it is resisting. it feels like the brakes are pushing against the wheel kind of resistance?

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
So, today i checked again. It moves forward now i can push it, however it is resisting. it feels like the brakes are pushing against the wheel kind of resistance?
You have to find out what is going on with it.
You could try what John said.
Stands are great for every thing.
Cleaning wheels, adjusting the chain, it would be hard to spend money in a better way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts