Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 750 with just over 13/k miles. When does the valves need to be adjusted or checked and the plugs changed?
What is a good plug to go with that will boost performance?
I want to go 1 tooth down in the front (for a little more down low kick) and
a blue colored chain. What is a good after market blue chain? :hmmm: :headscrat

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
It should say in your manual when the interval is (if you dont have one, find one, and no, I dont have one either :) ) I wouldnt stress too much on the valves, they are rarely out of spec at the first interval. But then again I check them myself so its just a matter of finding time. For plugs, I wouldnt look to "boost" performance there. Iridium plugs maybe, put your money elsewhere. 1 tooth down in the front is a good place to start, probably the cheapest thing you can do for that extra boost.

As for chains, check out DID, RK, EK and Regina. I believe RK has some colored chains, check out www.sprocketcenter.com and surf around there. If you're looking to get a new chain and front sprocket, ya might want to look into replacing your rear one too, it'll help extend the life of your chain. Long story short, I destroyed a chain in 5000 miles by using two differently worn sprockets, don't do it.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
my manual for '04 600 says 1st valve adjustment @ 15K
and i never regret going -1 in front..huge diff. in everyday riding

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys............ :thumbup:
I have heard alot about the iridium plugs and will go with those.
When I change the front sproket -1 in the front, I will do the back also but get one the same size as stock.
Which chain is better to get an X-ring or O ring chain? What is the difference? I have read that the X-ring chain is stronger and last longer than the O-ring chain, is that true? :hmmm: :headscrat

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
JFM GSXR 750 said:
Thanks guys............ :thumbup:
Which chain is better to get an X-ring or O ring chain? What is the difference? I have read that the X-ring chain is stronger and last longer than the O-ring chain, is that true? :hmmm: :headscrat
The only difference in X-ring versus O-ring is what seals the grease in the bushings. There is no tensile strength difference (that would depend on the strength of the pins and plates, not what seals in the grease). O-rings simply use O-rings, and X-rings are just fancy O-rings that claim to hold grease better (thats why they are said to last longer) or something silly like that...I've had good luck with both so go for whichever is cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.